Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Good for her. I hope she makes history in November. Even if she doesn't, she's already making history tonight.

In other primary news, it looks like the teachers' attempts to go after legislators who supported the changes in pension laws have drawn some blood:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/election/article211665879.html

• Members

Some people seem to be enjoying it, but I haven't watched in about a month.  I just have no motivation to watch and I cut the cable cord, so I can't just let the episodes pile up on my DVD anymore.  A DC based soap would be just the thing right now.

• Members

I can't remember the last time I watched B&B, like six months ago, I was at my Mom's, watched a few minutes, shrugged and walked away. My mother, who is now retired, had it on in the background, in between phone calls and her other activities.

I cut the cord a few years ago now. I have an indoor antenna but I really want to put one outside as I've learned an antenna placed outdoors gets better signals since it doesn't have to deal with walls and building materials, etc.  I don't intend to buy a high-priced antenna though, no way!

• Members

There was a time when I would have just seen this as rich people arguing with richer people.  Once the blinders are off though, it's impossible to see it as anything other than unjust and oppressive. Especially now that we know the players are damaging their brains. It take some nerve to profit off people's suffering while taking away their right to a peaceful protest.

• Members

The whole NFL ban is such a stupid idea. Trying to ban protest almost always results in more, louder protesting. You don't like silent kneeling? Wait until they turn their backs or stand there doing the Wakandan salute or people in the stands start protesting and that sets off altercations.

• Members

I've thought the NFL was sh*t for many years now. This simply validates my opinion.  It will be interesting to see whether the players continue to be treated like chattel. 

Or will they finally realize that without them there is no league, there are no games, no money will be made?

Usually I take  P.O.V.s even those disseminated by media, with a grain of salt but to see a tweet from Judy Woodruff from the PBS Newshour did grab my attention.