Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this thing doesn't deliver a jaw-dropping whirlwind of a change, it needs to get cancelled. Now.

I am really disappointed with Slavkin & Schwimmer. And I did like some of their work on Smallville (but I always thought they are such huge misfits for Melrose Place v2.0).

• Members

I'm really sad about this because this is really the only show I watch on the CW and really the only primetime show I watch.

I really think they only rented Season One of Melrose Place before they developed the show. And while I enjoyed Season One, what Melrose really needed was a blend of both...people's struggles along with the fun, campy stuff.

And Ashlee Simpson-Wentz sucked the life out of this show.

My biggest worry is that Katie Cassidy's Ella will be Alison-ized for Amanda Woodward. If that happens, I'm outta here. There's enough room for two bitches on the block.

• Members

Oh, don't go there! Alison was such a dumb, annoying character! I never liked her!

The casting on this show's terrible and it's what's killing it, too. All these models fanning around with zero acting capabilities... Ew.

CW should take note: you don't develop a spin-off just like that. It needs some years for that.

• Members

I disagree, for the most part I think the show is well cast(Cassidy, Rady, & Lucas being the strongest, Egglesfield and Simpson-Wentz the weakest, and Sipos & Jacobsen somewhere in the middle). No, what's killing this show is the lack of continuity and Slavkin, Swimmer, and Beeman's obvious fear of camp. The CW needs to hire someone like Frank South as a story consultant or co-executive producer. Someone who'd be able to add a touch of crazy fun to the show that the original had.

• Members

Well, I said too. Which means there's a multitude of factors in play here. Everything lacks sizzle, everything is pale, bleak, cheap, nothing really lights the fire, worn off, shabby, seen.

These two guys - I have a very hard time believing they're these huges fans of the original show they say they are. Nothing has been done properly and the lack of long-term planning, or any planning for that matter, shows.

• Members

Apart from Simpson-Wentz and Egglesfield, the acting on Melrose Place is tolerable IMO.

There are so many people who say they'll be watching the show once Locklear has joined. I honestly wonder why people aren't tuning in to watch at least one or two episodes before she arrives to get into the story and to meet the other characters.

Personally, I would never watch a show just because a certain actor or actress is part of the ensemble.

I also don't get why the CW promotes Melrose as a "hit series" when it's currently the lowest-rated show on any network.

Archived