Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Jonah could also be an interesting character, but this relationship with Reily is poisonous. I agree that Caleb should move in the building, he is the only man with balls on this show. David and Lauren share no chemistry at all and it is obvious that a change of writers is needed soon.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Riley being a school teacher and a goody goody is all wrong for Melrose Place. Her backstory is a bit more interesting - growing up in a privilege home and her father will to pay for Harvard Law School. They should've made Riley a young lawyer fresh out of law school.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the episodes post-Auggie/Violet, since there's suppose to be a "new shift" in the show. We'll see.

• Members

AMEN!

When they revive a premise, I don't expect *everything* to be the exact same way it was in the original, but if the general atmosphere and feel of the original is missing, then someone has failed. There's no lightness, no fun, no bubbles...nothing. Neverending background music and two second scenes does not a Melrose make. They sucked out all of the things that made the original unique and successful, and what's left is not much to watch for. They're piggybacking off the original's reputation in order to push this bland [!@#$%^&*] on us. I have more fun watching That Girl episodes on YouTube than watching this crap.

Vampire Diaries ftw.

• Members

What does Caleb have to do with Matt, besides the obvious. I also happen to think that Caleb has spine; he's a sexy guy and a potentially sexy character who I think could add some much needed spice to this ailing show. I hope he stays and if the writers are smart they'll keep him, move him into the building and let him interact with the others.

• Members

That one-dimensional bitch we saw in episode 10 wasn't the same Amanda from the original series. The "old" Amanda may have been quite a bitch, but when she was nasty towards other people she usually had a good reason. Besides, the old Amanda still had a heart and she cared about the people she loved (e.g. Billy and Jake). So far, all 5 returning characters have had barely anything in common with their personas from the original.

They should definitely make Victor Webster a series regular. Maybe Brooke Burns, too. Even though we have seen very little of her so far, I like her character. She could be a great nemesis to Amanda.

David/Lauren don't have any chemistry at all. By the way, I wonder how long they will drag Lauren's prostitution storyline? -_-

One important thing about the original was the apartment complex. Basically, it was the heart and soul of the show. Right in the beginning, we got to know the residents and where they lived. What do we know about the complex now? The only apartment we get to see quite often is Jonah and Riley's. We still don't know how many apartments there are and who lives where.

Oh, before I forget: The story with the German film maker in episode 9 was so full of clichés. Of course he was from Bavaria (FYI: Bavaria is NOT Germany, it's just one of its 16 federal states) and his name was Franz (that name was popular 70 years ago). And the actor's accent sucked big time.

Archived