Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMFG!!!!

This is a Christmas miracle!

I have been looking for this episode for decades. I was in negotiations once to trade for it, but a dishonest individual circumvented the deal and ripped me off. I thought I had missed my chance forever, since I had not seen anyone, anywhere, offer this special broadcast for trade or sale in forever.

Thank you sooooooo much for @ing me!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

• Members

I've held a grudge for decades against the unscrupulous "trader" whose unethical behavior originally made me lose out on the chance of getting this TEON treasure. I've longed to get my hands on it for so many years.

No matter how many times I come to accept that no other gems from the past will ever be uncovered...they keep on coming!

• Members

This is why I hold out hope for more of so many shows, especially '60s/'70s OLTL where for years we thought we'd never see more of it and now of course we have. We know some cast and crew took home kinescopes, affiliate packages, etc. from their shows. The material is out there.

• Members

I have no doubt that various actors, directors, etc., have kept copies of their favorite episodes over the years. In interviews, both Jacquie Courtney and Robin Strasser acknowledged having had kinescopes made of highlights from their days on AW. Just recently, the debut episode of AMC from 1970 appeared in soap-trading circles. We've seen footage of Gillian Spencer, Ellen Holly and Lillian Hayman from the early days of OLTL, so that era's material cannot be lost completely.

I think the issue now is, getting the people who possess the buried treasure to share it with the rest of us.

• Members

Over on Facebook, there's a group entitled Vintage Soap Opera Episodes Trade. One of the administrators is a guy named Robert Forester, who announced he had gotten vintage videotapes from Rosemary Prinz (including the AMC pilot) to digitize. He has a list of his stuff for sale.

I've never dealt with him (he doesn't send to Canada), but you can always try contacting him through that FB group.