Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

Can someone help me with more information on James Noseworthy the actor credited with playing Jamey Swift as a baby?

On the EON homepage and IMDB they credit Noseworthy with playing Jamey as toddler and then Jason Zimbler played him as child when he returned with Logan.  Zimbler went on to be a child actor and appeared in Clarissa Explains It All.  I had assumed that James Noseworthy was the same person as Jack Noseworthy, the actor who appeared in the MTV show Dead at 21, and in U-571.  However, Jack Noseworthy did a Reddit AMA and noted that his first job on TV was after he graduated from Boston Conservatory. 

Please register in order to view this content

I chose my avatar because after I was assigned the screen name  J Swift, I looked for an image of what the ginger headed kid would look like as an adult.  Both Jack Noseworthy and Jason Zimbler had red hair, so I assumed Jack played the part as a baby. 

Now, maybe James Noseworthy was just a baby living in Manhattan whose family put on TV, and then never pursued further work in the industry.  But, I would be interested to know if anyone has any further details.

Young Jack Noseworthy/ and young Jason ZImbler for context

Edited by j swift

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Back in the 1960s, The Edge of Night had a set in which Mike would run into others - often Winston - and would discuss the current storylines.

I cannot remember the name of this club.    Can anyone else remember the name?

I wonder when this set was last used on the show.

Did As the World Turns also have such a club where Chris Hughes would go?

• Members

It does not sound like the same place.   This was a club (possibly the Lawyers' Club?) with bookshelves and easy lounge chairs.  

One reason that I am not sure about its name is that Winston was not a lawyer.   I think that Phil was also there at times, and he was not a lawyer either.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I’ve just gotten to the episodes when Lisa Sloan replaced Jayne Bentzen as Nicole.  She does not seem to have the warmth that Jayne brought to the role and there is no chemistry between her and Miles. For those who have seen her portrayal—does she grow into the role as time goes by or does the character essentially become written to her specific interpretation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@Soaplovers- you nailed it. Ms Sloan does play a more mature Nicole and I guess that is what is throwing me. Seems like a different character to me.

I am at the point where Kelly/Valerie are being paired. Can’t say they have chemistry (well neither did Kelly/Jody-IMO). Was the Val/Kelly pairing popular?

Edited by Matt Powers

• Members

I loved the character of Valerie!   I preferred her with Jim rather than Kelly.   But, I did not really object to the pairing of Valerie and Kelly.    Once again, Mr. Slesar had a good romantic pair (Jody and Kelly) but broke up the romance to progress the storylines.

• Members

Actress Dorothy Stinette, who played Nadine Alexander Scott on The Edge of Night, passed away on October 23.  Here is the obituary from the Witchata Eagle.

Dorothy Stinnette obituary, 1928-2023, New York City, NY

Dorothy Stinnette Obituary

Dorothy Stinnette

May 22, 1928 - October 23, 2023

New York City, New York - Dorothy C. Stinnette, born in Wichita, KS, May 22, 1928, passed away in her Manhattan apartment October 23, 2023. A private graveside prayer at White Chapel Memorial Gardens in Wichita was her final request. Raised in Kansas on a street called Broadway and with the name Dorothy, it seems early in life her destiny would be 'the yellow brick road'. Indeed, she excelled in theatrics at Wichita East High, pursued her bachelor's degree at Northwestern University, and began her acting career with a move to NYC in the early 1950's. Always proud of being a 'working actress', she loved the stage and the many roles she played across the country. Early in her career she had a part in Murder, Inc., served as a back up to Ginger Rogers in Hello Dolly, and was a permanent cast member in such television programs as The Edge of Night, Loving, and Somerset. She was hardnosed Mrs. Hatcher in the nostalgic McDonald's commercial of the late 1980's. Dorothy always gave generously of herself to her career and to her friends and family. Preceded in death by parents Owen and Stella (Smith) Stinnett; siblings Gra,, Owen Jr., Helen, and Paul; and beloved nephew Larry Watson and a niece Cherie Branson. She is survived by nephews Mike Stinnett and Danny Stinnett and his wife Cheri; Great-nieces Deidra Branson and Emily Stinnett and Great-nephew Graham Stinnett; and Great-Great niece and nephew Ruthie and Lionel Stinnett. Our thanks to the medical staff at Bellevue and NYU Langone Hospitals and Riverside Premier Rehab Center for the months of care needed so that she could return to her apartment. Caregivers from Home Instead watched over her 24/7 during her final month and Calvary Home Hospice provided additional support the final week of her life. We thank them for the compassionate care that fulfilled her wish to reach the end of that yellow brick road while in her apartment. Dorothy was well known for her love of animals. The ashes of her last two dogs will be placed in her casket before burial. Donations in her name would be welcomed at North Shore Animal League America, Port Washington, NY, a no kill shelter that she supported.

Published by Wichita Eagle on Oct. 29, 2023.

• 1 month later...