AMC : Kendall OUT?

• Members

I respectfully disagree. I think it'll be a wash. IMO, for everyone who is genuinely upset there will be somebody doing the Electric Slide. I think the sextet including Kendall has proven its toxicity to the show as a whole. Anything that dismantles it is good. The show survived the loss of realGreenlee (Her return? Barely.) It'll survive the loss of Kendall.

Frons on the other hand will probably drink himself into a stupor, pick up a tranny hooker (not one of his usuals) and end up in the LA Men's Central Jail, mute and licking pictures of Michael Easton and Cameron Mathison.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bye-bye! :D

Kendall's leaving would be for the best, imo. She's been overexposed for years and lately Kendall has been unbearable. Her leaving would be equal to when Rebecca Budig left; it didn't have any impact whatsoever.

• Members

I think Alicia will end up staying on the show, I hope she does. If not the show re-cast. I liked Nelson Branco's pick of Tamara Braun.

:D I agree wholeheartedly. Alicia Minshew IS AWESOME as Kendall Hart Slater. True. She's better cast in the role of Sarah Michelle Gellar who was too young for the part to begin with. Also Alicia has a very similiar look to Susan Lucci. She looks more like La Lucci than Susan's own daughter Liza Huber, who looks more like her father.

Correct! :lol:

• Members

I feel as if the character is getting her spark back actually. I'm seeing more of the original recipe bitch coming out. Just drop the Rylee/Ryan/Greenlee propping part, and keep the bitch that doesn't back down part.

The character of Kendall is the last character in the sextet that I'd like gone, AM or no AM (I'd prefer AM stay in the role of course). For me, she's in this core group of characters: Erica, Erica's kid, Adam, Adam's kids, Tad. It's familiar to me, it's why I go back. I was just talking to my sister today (she got two weeks off so is watching some daytime) and she was like "what happened? I don't recognize any of these people on the show." I guess she meant Frankie, Carmen, Annie, Cassandra, Dre, maybe even Angie/Jesse, etc. She hadn't even seen nu-Jake, Taylor, Fletcher, Pete, nu-Colby, nu-Babe yet or maybe she had since she commented that the 5 year olds of yestertear were now 20, "wtf?" Heh.

I think AM's staying. Smart for her (as somebody else mentioned you got Emmy winners out there having no luck finding work, she is a nice size fish in a small pond, etc), smart for the show (love her or hate her she is pretty popular). I would actually think her problem would be, and I'd be suprised if it actually isn't the actual problem, more so scheduling than money. Part of the reason she's been airing less (well less for her) recently might be the show showing an effort to stop the over 90% thing (a weak effort, she'll top the August list in a tie with two others, lol, it wont be 20/21 as it typically can be, so, heh).

• Members

Double standard my ass. When Darnell and MEK are on the frontburner constantly for six and a half years, then we can start comparing. And people can bitch and complain about Mathison and Budig all they fricken want, but those two had the good sense to leave the show for year-long breaks.

I'm sorry if that sounds epically bitchy, but I just needed to say it. If she gets singled out, it's only because she has been constantly on the frontburner since the day she arrived. Kendall just continues to eat the show and I've been saying it for years and years. It's high time others started to be vocal about The Kendall Hart Show.

• Members

I think any good writer should be able to repair the mess that B&E and McTavish has made of Kendall's character regardless of who is in the role. In almost 40 years, how many good writers and bad writers has Erica been through? Surely a new writer can find something better than what we have gotten in the past for Kendall. Every character in the sextet has been ruined, but not to the point of no return, IMO. They just need separate and realistic story lines. If Pratt is half the writer ABC and Frons seems to think he is, he should be able to write them accordingly and restore balance to the show. I'm seeing improvement in the balance already when I watch. I don't need to see Kendall everyday, but when she is on, I would like for to see her do something other than champion Ryan, Greenlee, Rylee, Ryan, Greenlee, Rylee or get bitched at by her employees at work. That being said, I love Alicia as Kendall and hope she stays.

• Members

Her airtime may have decreased over the last few months by a few episodes here and there, but she is in your face just as much as she ever was, basically serving no purpose. She hasn't really been driving that much story. I don't think Lish will find much outside of daytime though to be honest. As much as I love her and think she is great as Kendall, I think daytime is her niche.

Kendall is an integral character yes, but the show can survive without her.

• Members

:lol:

Kendall truly does serve no purpose whatsoever now. And like Adam said, though her airtime has been reduced, she's still in your face. The problem with Kendall, besides the fact that she NEVER is off-screen for long periods of time, is that they keep changing her character. Why she's suddenly obsessed with having Ryan and Greenlee together is stupid, especially given her animosity towards them as a couple before. And even if she DID get over it, she should be focusing on repairing her family with Zach (who IMO still has issues with her sleeping w/ Aiden).

• Members

Angela did bring up a good point that the Kendall of old is coming out again in this quest to bring down Annie, but the writing makes her seem very shrew like and is making me want Annie to come out on top. The character alos lost alot of creditbility when she took Greenlee back as her friend. B&E basically destroyed the character, and I am of the mind that the character needs a long break....

Archived