AMC : Kendall OUT?

• Members

Oh, I am sure Alvin is enjoying this thread as we speak.

I, am a Kendall fan, if not a Minshew fan, but I'm sorry to say, the writing is horrible. Right now, there is no where to go for the character and it seems to me she is doing nothing but running in circles. That is what happens when you are a HUGE integral part of the show who is featured practically all the time, if not everyday. This was how it was when Babe/Alexa was at the center of the canvas. Even Cameron/Ryan. They tried to make them the focal point of the show and people got annoyed after a millisecond.

I, too, think I need a Kendall break, if not a Zendall break.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Team Annie for sure! I loved Annie called Kendall on her hypocrisy. Annie was the one there for Kendall when she was going through her tough times. Annie was there when Greenlee was trying to ruin Kendall's life. And now because Kendall wants to make things up to Greenlee by having Ryan & Greens be together she's gonna turn on Annie?

I understand why Kendall is upset with Annie...she did try to pin Ritchie's murder on Zach but seriously.......

• Members

You pretty much emphasized my point. Alexa was a great actress....could she carry a show on her own? NO! Cameron is a good actor....can he carry the weight of the show? NO! Can ANYONE on the show right now carry on the weight?

NO! If we rewind the tape about 15 years, then I can say that, but that gets old really quick.

• Members

How many times have people said "Well...the way the writers are writing Ryan isn't right" or "That's not how Greenlee would really act..." It never happens. Some characters are held accountable for their actions while others get to let the writers take the blame. It infested ATWT threads last year during the Carly/Jack/Katie mess. But the writers are making Carly do stupid things! Ugh, there's stupid Fluffy again...blah blah blah.

• Members

Personally, I'd write Kendall and Zach out for a good couple of years. AMC has survived without her before, and they can survive without her again. Erika doesn't need to have her children around to carry storylines. I'd then try give the show a more ensemble feel again, I'd try to focus it on a variety of characters, not just six.

But if I had to recast Kendall, I'd go for a newcommer, I'd love to make Kendall the outsider and town pariah again, and have her fight for acceptance. They've written her in a way where she comes off as too holier than thou and acts as if she's some moral compass. :rolleyes:

• Members

I have to admit, though, had Erica Kane had done this, which she has before, then I probably wouldn't be going, "Shut up, Kendall." Only b/c I expect it from Erica Kane, the actual main female of the show...who is not the main female anymore LOL

And why is Kendall wanting Greens and Ryan back together anyway? That's ass-backwards.

• Members

Zendall away for a while would do the show some good, I've been calling for that since last year. I don't really get any enjoyment out of them anymore unfortunately. The writing is to blame, but let the show revolve or focus on some of the other neglected characters. If Lish bolts I wonder what becomes of Thorsten/Zach?

• Members

Alicia Minshew assured fans on her message board that AMC is working with her just fine in regards to her contract. She seemed very confident with her negotiations, and stated that her only considerations were her schedule and vacation/honeymoon time to spend with her husband-to-be. She knows rumors have been floating around and wanted to reassure her fans she'd like to stick around for the right reasons.

• Members

Thanks Kane Fan, I'd just read that. Lish was PISSED cause of the false rumors, can't say I blame her. Nelson Branco is full of [!@#$%^&*], and this shows people shouldn't believe everything they read

Uh Adam they're already pretty much on back burner, they're just propping Rylee & Graidan. Neglected characters, yeah cause Zen are to blame for them being neglected? Riiiiiight. If the writers don't want to write for someone, they won't. It has NOTHING to do with any characters.

McTavish from what I read didn't like Aidan, so she didn't write for him, and no one was to blame for that but her

Archived