• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@victoria foxton Thanks for posting about that 1989 episode. I'm not a huge fan of that period. This episode really maintained that belief. I was surprised to see Callan White was still around as Anne. It was a lot to have both Trucker / Clay and Jack / Rick fight in the living room one right after the other. The show is so plot heavy. It would have been better to split the fights over two episodes and had something more character driven in its place. Either Stacey and Trisha having some girl time or something with Kate mothering Ava or even Rocky. There is just a lot happening in 30 minutes that its hard to digest and appreciate it. 

This seems to be the end of the line for Casey / Ally. There may be another couple episodes, but I can't imagine much more. Watching the end of Casey has been hard given his character's trajectory. Also, watching how nasty Danny Roberts is and how involved in this sequence makes the attempt at a Danny / Ally pairing later even more disgusting. 

The virtual (implicit) reality stuff with Clay was interesting in terms of exploring Clay's psychology in regards to Gwyn and Steffi, but I do feel like its a bit hokey. I'll be honest, I'm not watching every part of the 1995 episodes (I find them slightly more engaging than the 1988-1989 stuff), but this would seem to be more lead up to the serial killer stuff with all the family photos and the talk of Curtis' release. 

Angie and Jacob have some nice couple building scenes. Jacob admitting that he had been scamming her before, but now he cared, was nice. 

Graham being the drug king pin was lackluster. A lot of the cop shop stuff does very little for me. 

• Members

The way Casey's shooting is staged is very odd to me. Graham is about to shoot Casey and then Alex bursts in so Graham turns to him. Graham then turns away from Alex, even though Alex is pointing a gun at him, in order to shoot Casey for no real reason (unless he thinks he's going to be able to shoot Casey and then spin around and shoot Alex before Alex can fire a shot of his own).

• Members

The uber-'90s VR interludes return once more during the Murders, where Clay has a dysfunctional Leave it to Beaver-esque VR fantasy world/program with him, Gwyn and the two kids as children in an ideal family tableau. Little Curtis and Trisha make darkly comic nods to their grim adult fates (Trisha talks about how she's always wanting to go to Rome). I'm pretty sure Curtis was played by a very young and uncredited Joseph Cross.

Truly weird, wild stuff and definitely of its time but I loved it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

If I'm remembering correctly, the outfits Trisha & Jeff are wearing are meant to be recreations of costumes from the Garbo movie Camille.

Her dress from her wedding to Trucker (the first wedding) isn't bad from the front. From the back? That's a lot of folded up fabric just hanging off of her.

In general, though, Trisha kind of always had the worst clothes.

From the wedding to Steve, does anyone know who the bridesmaids are other than Stacey?