OLTL: Discussion for the week June 9-13

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was the original idea...to undo "Jessica isn't a Buchanan". But the story was changed when Tomlin was the interim writer. Tom and I talked about it on the show. I was overly critical of Tomlin's decision to change the story, but TomCasiLolo (I must come up with a nickname for him that is mine, lol, that's a work in progress) gave me a new outlook. He suggested maybe Gary Tomlin changed the story so that Ron could do it justice when he returned.

• Members

I don't understand why the even had to make Jessica Mitch's daughter. If the key was bring on Natalie as Viki's daughter, couldn't they have just made her Mitch and Viki's daughter and left Jessica's DNA alone? That's so stupid.

• Members

Contrivance and Pimping 101

- From the handbook of a writer wanting to make their own "stamp" on the show and bring on a "legacy" character.

"Thou shall !@#$%^&*] with the history of thy own show in order to make thy new character established and have instant ties. It doesn't matter if thy may undo another's history, what matters is thy shall be forever known as the person who created such story."

:D

Archived