OLTL: Discussion for the week June 9-13

• Members

If this is how good OLTL is on a relatively low key day, then we should be in seventh heaven for months to come, and Ron Carlivati is truly a god among humans.

Erika Slezak and Bree Williamson: unbelievable. These scenes ring very true to life, I think. Bree was heartbreaking describing the three cakes and the voice mail messages from the caterer. When her voice dropped, and she said that line about all the balloons in Bree's room probably having fallen by now, well, that was when I decided that she has crossed the line into top-tier pro land. That line was very soft, very subtle, very heartfelt, and a nice counterbalance to the WONDERFUL histrionics Jessica has been displaying in the wake of Nash's death. And Erika was amazing today as well, especially when she said she was "mad as hell" and especially at Natalie. And Jessica also won me over talking about Natalie always thinking she's the smart one while they are just a bunch of coddled rich people.

Meanwhile, I think it was great character development to have Nat visit Charlie, and perhaps having them bring Dorian's role in this to light will be the ultimate way she redeems herself to her family.

Todd is an uptight little bitch with SDS (small dick syndrome), and if it wasn't for Trevor's tight ass and beautiful eyes, I wouldn't give a flying you-know-what about him. He's an abusive, swaggering bully. However, when Todd told Starr that he loves her, TSJ sold that moment for me. As for Kassie DePaiva, she is always impressive, and I like seeing Blair stand up for herself as well as Starr. Loved when Todd told her to shut up, and she said "Don't you tell me to shut up." I also liked Viki's line the other day, telling Todd never to refer to Blair or any other woman as a bitch again. It's almost like RC is making up for the misogynistic mess that Higley created.

Rex and Adriana were heartbreaking in a quiet, heartfelt way that stands in contrast to the "loud" scenes we've had over the week.

Kudos to TPTB for letting Marcie have a love scene, and who knew that Chris Stack looks so good sans shirt? Loved Michael standing up for himself and his woman to Todd and that goon "Keys."

Best of all for me, though, was Renee making the appearance I hoped she would and slapping Jared up side the head! Right on Renee, and I can't wait for tomorrow.

Also: I finally saw the commercial with Susan and Andrea and almost had an orgasm.

ETA: How could I forget Dorian and Langston?!?! Damn, there is so much fine material on this show these days. Anyway, Robin Strasser has been reminding me that she is the best actress ever, alongside Erika Slezak, and that this show is blessed-blessed-blessed to have both of them. As for the "It's not like I bought a deli" comment, all I can say is: :lol:

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO today was Bree Williamson's BEST performance to date. As she came down from the hysteria for a few moments, we really saw her wheels turning and the responsibilities she knew she had to accept. My heart broke when she gave that speech about the cakes - that should be her Emmy submission.

As for Todd... I hope he tries something with Michael and Marcie so that Michael can kick his ass and show him what a real man looks like. Who does this bastard think he is -- Sonny Corinthos?

• Members

Carlo doesn't fit the history of the characters for him to be the father of Rex. Roxy already has a past and history with Mitch.

Today's show:

I thought it was very good. I was puzzled on what Todd was doing at Michael and Marcie's. The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking 'what the hell is he doing?' but Michael cracked me up when he admitted that he couldn't kill someone in 3 seconds. Hehe! Great fake there Mikey.

I enjoyed the Dorian and Langston scenes. These two have a great relationship, and great understanding of each other. Langston makes Dorian seem human.

I floved the Viki/Jess scenes. Viki finally got through to her, and I think Jess finally realized she could lean on her Mom cuz her Mom knows exactly what she's going through. I loved the mentions of Joe. We need much more of those in the weeks to come. And, thank you RC for bringing Jess/Viki back to the forefront and for showing them as the close mother/daughter duo they were before Higley got ahold of them.

I even enjoyed the Blair and Starr scenes, and I usually ff anything to do with the Mannings.

The Bukes were entertaining and I can't help but root or Jared.

I floved the Charlie/Nat scenes. They are setting so much up here with these two and I think that we're going to see Charlie become a father figure for Natalie. I liked their scenes, and the quiet chemistry between them.

• Members

The one thing I am most thankful that RC did when he got back was putting Langston and Dorian back in scenes together and rejuvenating the Cramer women. Higley did just about everything she could to ruin them (especially Starr and Blair) but he's working on them and I couldn't be happier.

Michael and Marcie were great today. I always hated Michael because I thought he was a wuss and relied on John way too much so I was really glad that he stood up for himself and Marcie today even if he was just blowing smoke. I am also glad that they are showing that Marcie is making some type of effort to move on with her life and not just wallowing in self-pity.

Viki/Jess were amazing. I have only been watching the show for a few years, but I think it's great that they are using Viki's history to tie into Jess's current problems and are strengthening their mother/daughter bond. One Life does history integration right. They don't beat you over the head with it or make you sit through 30 minutes of flashback.

On to Rexiana. Every time I think about Melissa Fumero leaving I want to cry. Can someone please convince her to stay?

As far as Natalie and Jared go I'm not even going to comment.

• Members

Loved today's episode. I like how we got just enough of each character and no 2-3 characters were shoved down our throats *coughGHcough*. I just loved the Viki/Jessica scenes. I'm glad that they have Jessica's life now mirroring Viki's life because it fully gives Jess someone who knows exactly what she's going through and feeling. And it was so sad she Jess talked about Bree's birthday and the cakes.

My heart broke for both Rex and Adrianna today. I'm glad Rex admitted that he had doubts about getting married and that him wanting a divorce had nothing to do with Gigi. And Adrianna damn near begging him not to want a divorce really made me feel for her. JPL did a great job of cracking his voice in that last scene and MF has been great since RC started pinning Adrianna.

So glad Jared is about to get his comeuppance for what he's done. Renee's slap did fall kinda flat for me. Maybe that will change once we see more of them tomorrow. Loved when Clint threatened to send Jared back to where he came from.

• Members

I love that Charlie truly feels that he did not get drunk, he just doesn't know what happened and how to prove that he didn't take that drink that started his binge. I'm so hoping that he is going to continue along these lines and try and figure out what happened to him.

• Members

Watching now on SN and LOVE that Viki talked to Jessica about Joe Riley. That was a nice touch of history

So glad Rex is leaving that insecure twit Adriana. Why talk about divorce though. Cant he just get an annullment. They've been married about a week and he can use her deceptions prior to the wedding as grounds. Him losing interesting her this fast though seems way to fast bc what he knows so far doesnt seem big enought to just walk away. He needs to know about the Shane lie for this to be more believable

Archived