OLTL: Discussion for the week June 9-13

• Administrator

I hope so too.

And maybe if say somehow OLTL is able to go up to #2 in HH and #1 or #2 in demos, and consistently stay there, other soaps will notice and force changes (they go out and get their own version of Carlivati)? I think that's about the only way we can get rid of Guza, Passanante, Higley. :(

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Noe everyone who hates OLTL is just a jealous hater.

some people do actually think the show all around sucks.

I'm not one of them, but I'm just saying they are out there. and yes a lot of them prob do hate on it just because of the love its getting. however not everyone should be labeled and judged on that.

• Members

Waiting for the tar and feather, but I can also agree with some of the non-liking frustrastion of the show..there's still a lack of balence going on for me.

I do heart Dorian and Langston, I'm glad Ron gave me that back--I just can't help but feel that Ron's still trying to find the balence, like we get what we get now but sacrifice others...

• Members

I doubt she will. I am so on the fence with this whole Rex/Adriana/Gigi/Brody stuff. I watch, but it is nothing that I am really excited about. I do enjoy "bitchy bangs" Adriana a bit more. However, there are too many times she comes of as insecure and I just don't feel like that would be Dorian's daughter.

• Members

I actually like Shaun, but not as much when he is acting like a bodyguard. He's more fun as a fixture in the Cramer household - now the only adult male. I'm surprised Addie hasn't made a play for him.

Yesterday was a good, solid show. The Rex/ Adrianna scenes stood out as a real breakup for me. Rex, especially, the fabric of his recent reality in shreds and now facing the end of his own self-delusion.

As others have said, Starr was surprisingly good. I was all set to pick KA apart but she did well.

Langston and Dorian? Good scenes but no surprise there. Same with Viki and Jess.

Loved the ))))))))SLAP!(((((((( all the more since it was anticipated last week.

• Members

I guess to me to comes out that Dorian is the woman scorned trying to get revenge. The whole "Don't get back, get EVERYTHING." I totally see what you are saying though about her being insecure too. To me what Adriana was doing was trying to keep Rex because she was worried about losing him to Gigi. I feel like Dorian is more vengeful to those she feel has wronged her and Adriana is trying to hold on what is hers. Instead of having faith in Rex, she needed to get rid of the competition to keep what is hers.

• Members

Throughout her relationship with Clint, Dorian was insecure, I think. And if she wasn't, she wouldn't care enough to take over this company, what with all the plotting and money spent. She would've moved on long ago.

I don't think the breakup was good enough. Rex's reasoning seemed a bit off, like he wasn't being 100% truthful with her. either that, or the script just seemed lacking. And I'm still pissed that Rex broke up with her. It's marriage. This is a big mistake but it's nothing compared to what they've been through. I suppose the s/l was mainly dictated by Melissa wanted to leave OLTL. I hope she gets a spot on Ugly Betty LOL.

• Members

The thing about Dorian's insecurity... it's aged and more about pride. Where Adrianna is still clinging to Rex, Dorian's been there and found what she thinks are the face saving tactics of getting even - as with Clint - or outright rejection of a possible good thing - David.

Archived