OLTL: Discussion for the week June 9-13

• Members

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I REALLY WANT Adrianna to inherit the mental ilness Dorian's two sisters have. Only Adrianna would use it for evil purposes and would break all the rules in scheming to get Rex back, but she only ends up hurting her cause and herself in the end. It's a shame that Melissa is leaving soon, I never thought I'd say that.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hold on! I haven't even watched yet! I need to give it my full undivided attention........Perhaps this thread can read 500 before tomorrow.

Have you ever crashed the server with just one thread before? :P

• Members

Just finishing up watching today's show. Again another entertaining episode. I know part of the reason I really enjoy this soap is because I am to be as spoiler free as possible with it. I find out a few things here and there, but I don't know everything that is going to happen. But what makes the show good is that RC obviously refers to past characters and history. Other soaps the only time they do things like this is when one of those characters is going to in the near future show up again. Also events that happen have consequences and affect other things. It isn't a two day event that is never mentioned again (cough DAYS cough).

• Members

Great episode!

Michael and Marcie! Marcie slowly de-toweling him was definitely a lovely shade of sexiness. Michael going off on Todd was awesome and really, really needed. WHY did Todd show up at their place? He had absolutely no reason to be there at all. He was just being an uppity little bitch.

Adriana and Rex were heart-breaking, but I agree with the people who said that the scenes are a little rushed. I think Rex is reacting just a bit too much to some of the things Bitchy Bangs did, but alas, he's going through a lot and I'm sure a lying wife is the last thing he needs.

Dorian and Langston...I was hoping on Friday that we'd see them together and thank God we did. Langston comforting Dorian, but at the same time telling her the stuff she needed to hear...it really makes their relationship work, I think. They were deep without getting too deep, and there was lightness. I loved it.

Viki continuing to comfort Jessica was just awesome. What I really loved was how they stayed in Jessica's room the entire episode. Those scenes just flowed naturally. The best thing was Viki offering reassurance to her daughter that Nash's memory won't be lost on Bree and the unborn child. It'll be up to Jessie to educate them about their father. Really touching stuff, and I loved the talk about Kevin and Joey's dad. That's the type of historical references that I want to see more of. It's not random chatter thrown in to appease people who want the entire show to be a daily homage to storylines of old. They used something from Viki's history that is entirely relevant to what Jessica is going through now, and it worked perfectly. When things like that happen, it really makes the viewer feel as if he or she is watching an episode that truly is part of a much, much bigger thing.

I have to hand it Starr, I really do. When she said that she wanted to talk to Todd and they went to commercial, I was ready to hate whatever came out of her mouth, but she proved me wrong. She stood up to Todd, knocked him down a couple of pegs, and sent him on his merry way. Maybe there's hope for that girl after all. Might I add, Kristen Alderson impressed me for the very first time in that scene.

When Clint is mad, he loses his [!@#$%^&*]! Damn! That was some good stuff! Despite my love for my Jar-bear, Clint and the others needed to get on his ass for his actions. And there's still a lot more coming, too. I can't wait to see Renee's response to the whole thing tomorrow.

• Members

Frankly I feel like the casting of Chris Stack* has made Michael a character all his own and not just the shell of Al. Michael's a reserved quiet moral man who probably spent the better part of his in the shadow of his mentally disturbed brother. I know they initially wrote him as arrogant and had Al's spirit change him but I like this characterization better. And CS is a real find, he's a good actor and Michael and Marcie should be written for more and if today is any indication they will be.

I liked Jessica's story about Nash and the tea, "Real men drink tea!" certainly sounds like something Nash would say/Forbes would ad-lib.

Chris Stamp was Ryan's dad on AMC, wasn't he? Thanks, Scotty.

• Members

Does anybody think the conversation between Charlie and Natalie was the beginning to their eventual discovery of Dorian's role in Charlie's fall from the wagon? I loved how Natalie asked "You didn't think through the drink?" and Charlie got that surprised look in his eyes, then Natalie told him she'd attended quite a few Al Anon meetings. I also liked that Natalie recognized that Viki may not ever accept that she's with Jared. But it's not like she's backing away. Viki never liked Nash either.

There was a time I would have freaked out if they'd debuched Natalie, but now, not so much. She is a street urchin. And the Buchanans ARE a bunch of coddled babies. Both Tess and Nikki openly hated Natalie. My understanding is that once they were integrated that part of them still exists. I hope Carlivati examines that further.

Dorian cracks me up. She's actually convinced herself that she took over BE to create a legacy for "The Cramer Women". But she could have built her own empire, or taken over another company and become a rival to BE. She's totally forgotten that she targeted BE specifically to get back at Clint and she gleefully did it in the way that would cause the most damage to the Buchanan family. I wish at some point when Dorian was privately displaying concern over Nash, she would have made some mention of killing Jessica's first child.

Archived