OLTL: Discussion for the week June 9-13

• Members

I am loving these Viki/Jessica scenes. The Viki/Jessica relationship has been strained (at least in my eyes) for a few years now. They haven't been as close as they used to be.

The reason why I am loving these scenes so much is because they're so rare on an ABC soap. Carly's son is hot in the head and Bobbie only has what...2 scenes with Carly? they don't even talk about Michael or the pain Carly's going through or how the decisions she made for Michael led to this. Sam gets in trouble and never has any scenes with her mother. On AMC, they're a little more common, but it's not a regular thing.

These are scenes that tug at your heart, and watching Jessica breakdown as Viki is there to try and build her back up.

Kudos to RC.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh man.....this is gonna be so great! Jessica struggling as a single mother with a baby on the way, losing everything that meant so much to her and Nash, trying to rebuild her life, all the while being supported by those who love her and care for her.

:wub:

• Members

I don't even love to hate Todd... I can get behind a mean-spirited character... I adore Dorian, or Celia Hodes from Weeds, my favourite show in the history of the world, if anyone watches (SEVEN MORE DAYS TILL SEASON 4 CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP)... but like - Todd just makes me angry and gives me the creeps and I'm more inclined to say STFU.

I dunno, just me.

• Members

OK, that Jessica and Viki conversation made me hate Natalie's existence even more. I loved the mentioning of Joe and how Kevin and Joey have a good idea of the type of man he was. That made me REALLY WANT Jessica to be Clint's biological daughter. For years, Jessica was the only biological tie to Viki and Clint, Natalie's existence took that all away. Who in the hell thought it was smart to abolish Jessica's genetic ties to the Buchanan's? WTF?!? To this day, I still think Natalie's a pointless character who needs to crawl back under that rock she came from. Hopefully, Ron uses this as a catalyst to redo this whole thing and make Jessica the biological Buchanan we know she is, and Natalie Mitch Lawrence's spawn.

Archived