OLTL: Discussion for the week June 9-13

• Members

As far as I know, it was her house and she was kind of like Langston, only not a minor. I believe she was running out of money or something. Back then Marty was such an evil, hateful, lying little bitch.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was a a liar, a party girl, the girl who cried wolf. Setting up Andrew as Billy's "molester" because he (Andrew) didn't return her affections was pretty despicable. Almost as bad as Todd raping her, possibly worse. She was such a bitch I came close to cheering that rape until I saw it. Got to give it to Roger Howarth. He was terrifying as Todd back then. Do you remember him as a rather quiet day player on LOVING?

• Members

Roger Howarth "quiet"? Now, that, I'd love to see, lol.

On its own, I thought Marty's rape was fine, but I had a hard time investing in a storyline centered around characters that I either barely knew, or didn't care much about. This was especially true once Kevin was exonerated.

• Members

Right which is when the now gone Larry became her father figure...

I dunno I started wtaching aroudn then (billy storyline) but I felt liek the characters were set up enough for me... But Khan I knwo you didn't liek that era-and it was the era that made me a fan. I liked marty bad tho--more than I ever liked her good. (I don't remember Roger on Loving at all, was that when Loving was havily college based again?)

• Members

To be quite honest I was almost afraid of coming back to this thread out of fear of having my head bit off, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I was on another board not so long ago and said something nice about Starr and was attacked. Not just my views but me in general, wasn't exactly the nicest experience, so I'm glad that this place is nicer. Thanks Ally My Shadows. I completely understand what it's like to hate a character no matter what they do(Natalie). If everyone liked the same characters it would be boring, that's why I like that One Life has such a nice canvas and usually does a good job of utilizing them so there's something for everyone.

My one complaint about this show is the diversity. Someone mentioned before how ridiculous it was that Adriana didn't have a final scene with Leyla and I agree. There are hardly any minority characters on this show would it really be so hard to give them a storyline?

• Members

No prob! I try to keep disagreements about things in their place - as a disagreement and that's it. I can be in a very heated debate about something with someone in one thread, but at the same time, I'll be totally agreeing with them in another thread. People should be mature about these things lol

And it's no secret that SON's the nicest soap board on the net. I've lurked and enough places to know that some people out there are truly fucked up!

I think that that's the major lacking point for the show right now, too. Layla has potential to be a good character, especially since Adriana's gone now, so I'd like to see them test her interactions with other characters that she might not have been in scenes with. I wouldn't mind them killing off Evangeline finally and bringing on Layla's mother, Lisa, played by the awesome Janet Hubert-Whitten aka AUNT VIV from "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." I'd love to see her mixing it up with the Llanview folks.

Archived