Sara A. Bibel's Blog

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice blog, I'll be checking it more when she updates. :)

I heard Latham fired her when she voiced her opinion over Adrienne Leon's firing last year. :rolleyes:

Too bad AMC didn't work out for her, she seems like a big fan of what that show used to be.

I hope she can eventually make her way back to Y&R, but I don't think that's happening. The show seems intent on destroying itself.

• Members

I would imagine that it ruffled some feathers at AMC when someone who actually cared about the show started showing up the story meetings and giving her two cents. Esesnten, Brown, Walsh, Demorest, Hayes, and Carruthers had clearly gotten to a place where they were content to just fly paper airplanes around the room and collect their paychecks. Bibel probably tried to get them to actually engage some brain cells...and out she went.

Given the time where she was with the show I would wager she didn't see eye-to-eye with the rest of the team on the "Crash" story.

• Members

It's writers like Sara Bibel that give me hope. A tiny amount of hope...but hope nonetheless.

And yes, LML fired her because she actually thought her opinion mattered. I'd love to see her back. But, like Y&RWorldTurner said, Y&R appears intent on self destructing.

I hope she spills about AMC.

• Members

Yeah, I don't know that the American public is not homophobic anymore. But I do think that she's right about the tidal wave of fear going on in the media in general. This is mainly because the economy is so bad and the networks are capitalists through and through.

• Members

I'm definitely seeing a trend in the younger set of daytime writers.

I wonder if daytime just insists on shooting itself over and over again, starting in the foot and making its way up. They say they want new blood, but clearly, that "new blood" is what they're slowly phasing out.

The writers who keep their heads down, don't care what soaps used to be, and basically just get their work done with no muss or fuss, seem to be the ones who stick around, whereas those who grew up on soaps in the 80's (with the exception of RC, but there's always one exception to the rule) got their chance then were quickly shuttled out.

Is it fear? Lack of raw talent? Insecurity? I don't know - but it's interesting to see how similar Sara's story is to other younger daytime writers, and wonder if maybe there isn't some kind of underlying, unspoken bias against them.

Archived