Sara A. Bibel's Blog

• Members

The actor who played Mike in the 90s graduated from my University (UVIC in Victoria) and came back to do a few talks/workshops. This was shortly after he left DAYS I believe (he was on Passion later despite what he saidso take whathe said with a grain of salt) he said soap work couldbe fulfilling but said during his last year at DAYS it was a frustrating experience because, unlike some other soaps he knew, they would block the actors so completely that you wouldn't have any room to improvise or move in a natural way--

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How odd that she puts Billy Miller in with those other names of film and primetime, because he had an acclaimed guest stint on AMC before he went to Y&R.

I never thought Franco would bring the ratings up but I don't think it's fair to write it off as, "He's never been popular." Even if he was a big name, GH sucks.

• Members

Bibel is nonsensical. She admits that Franco is hamming it up and then claims his performances show that he is no better than soap actors. WTF? If he is hamming it and is good as soap actors, then he must be a much better actor than soap actors. In the gallery scenes Franco was clearly mocking his intense scene partners (Geary, Benard, and the dumb brothers). Kirsten Storms was way out of her league in her scenes with Franco. Instead of acknowledging that the GH actors came up short in their scenes with Franco, she claims it as soap actors are as good as any other type of actor. Ridiculous. This is why I view her as another agenda driven blogger.

• Members

Now that part I agree with. I think this guy is still 10 times the actor any of the rest are. But I still agree with her on his appeal. I don't think and never thought he was going to do a thing for ratings. Everything she said about him outside of soaps was absolutely accurate. The guy is talented and he's young but he's ain't Brad Pitt, Will Smith, or even Sandra Bullock.

Archived