Sara A. Bibel's Blog

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&RWorldTurner, that's why I prefer her primetime reviews. Her daytime reporting has definitely lost some of it's luster. It does seem thrown together, especially the topics she covers. Before she was giving us exclusives, interviews and insight from the world of soaps. Now we don't seem to get that, but I still read her daily. She's one of my main stops. Just in case.

• Members

I think she started well, then impossibly quickly sunk into baaaaaaad, then there were those GL set/location visits, which was the nadir from my point of view (bellcurve drew my attention to them), then I stopped and haven't been reading for quite a while...

And some time ago I returned. Like ChrisB, I think she wrote some good primetime columns, but daytime ones aren't really all that much. Which is sad.

• Members

I think the fact she does so many primetime reviews is part of the problem. She writes about every soap opera as if she watches each one equally closely, while still having time to watch and write about a ton of other programs and things. Her soap writing has become very vague IMHO and I've even noticed her get a lot of details wrong, or else state things without any proof to back it up (which is fine for my posts on here I have to add but not when you have a wannabe professional blog ;) ).

• Members

Her agenda is to be a professional/insider soap blogger which makes her very careful in her criticism and quick with her praise when it is often undeserved. It is understandable because she wants to do interviews with soap actors and have access to high level executives. However, it makes her blog predictable and uninteresting.

Archived