Sara A. Bibel's Blog

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It pays to be Frons' BFF and it doesn't help that the show wins Best Show Emmy's almost every year for their stunts.

It obviously doesn't take sagging ratings and fan dissatisfaction to get him fired, so what will work?

I think it's pretty obvious now that Wendy Riche was majorly responsible for why his first two GH stints worked out well.

• Members

Well if we're talking "realistic" I just read an article in New Yorker about two brother marines with PTSDisorder who both recently commited suicide because they couldn't deal with civillian life--they just kept looking forward to and hoping to get re-disaptched overseas --one attacked and killed a "civillian" in a way very very close to Taylor

• Members

Great post! I loved the first part about how often fans actually take MORE to the less "model looking" people on soaps. Didn't Frons promise that he was going to have soaps reflect how real people look more? Either way--no i don't think US soaps should start looking like Coronation Street (even most UK television is getting more "uber hot people" based like US tv)--but I do think that often it seems like with each generation looks on soaps become more and more important. They've ALWAYS had hot people on soaps--for every generation but the balance between looks and talent seemed more fair. Frankly it gets boring to watch--and sometimes you start to get people who even look pretty much the same instead of distinctive.

• Members

Well, what will? You tell me! I honestly have no idea.

True. However, I don't know what happened to this guy. I don't think he's a horrible writer, but something happened along the way and he became, you know, misogynistic, mob-obsessed...

• Members

I wasn't a very discerning soap viewer at the time, but I kinda liked Loving when Guza and Millee Taggert HW it together--in fact that's when I became a fan (thanks to the 2 week long AMC crossover). So I think he has some basic talent anyway--and I don't remember the show being misogynistic..

• Members

I don't think he's the worst of the head writers at the moment. The problem is that he's got ADD - the first half of 2007 focused on the Metro Court hostage crisis and the ripple effects it had on Port Charles; Sonny finding love with Kate, a woman from his past; Luke and Scott's feud re-igniting due to Lulu and Logan's romance; and Liz, Lucky, Sam and Jason's tangled web of lies and secrets. Then, without warning, the Zaccharas moved to town, Logan got cast out, Sonny was thrust back into a mob war, a serial killer killed off the show's beloved heroines, and the show got progressively darker and more violent. I think he suffers from a lack of planning, or a lack of commitment to the stories he tells. Because sometimes he can be really good.

Archived