Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

Watching an old interview with Robert Conrad and he said he was offered roles twice on Dynasty - Matthew Blaisdell (I assume this is who he meant as he said he was offered "Bo" at the same time as George Peppard went into the show) and Mark Jennings (or as he called him, "the tennis pro"). He turned both down. 

Edited by DRW50

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Pamela Sue Martin WAS Fallon. They should have just let the character die when the actress left the series. And the recast was just plain odd. Not only does she look different but she has a different personality and is all of a sudden British? I'm definitely in the minority with this opinion but I think Dynasty was at its best in the first season. It was really well-written and actually had some depth to it. Before it turned into a campfest. I'm not even anti-camp. It was just hard to take it seriously the further it went along. I don't think PSM would have fit in. Neither would have Al Corley. I think they were wise to move on. 

And I don't remember Blake not being Fallon's father. Was Sammy Jo lying? 

• Members

Sammy Jo overheard Alexis telling Steven that Blake wasn't Fallon's father. After Sammy Jo told Fallon, Fallon went for a drive with her mother. Alexis admitted that either Blake or Cecil could be her father. Fallon drove off the road and went into premature labor, giving birth to  LB.

Blake knew there was a possibility that he wasn't Alexis' father but didn't really believe it and didn't know that the other potential father was Cecil. He eventually got Alexis to confess that the other candidate was Cecil and so they did a blood test which proved that Blake was Fallon's father after all.

Here is the car crash scene:

Edited by Dion

• Members

My mom said when PSM started playing Fallon...she had good will with the audience since she had been Nancy Drew a few years earlier.  That goodwill served her well.  PSM gave depth to Fallon.  While Emma Samms was inferior..she still leaps better than the current actress playing Fallon

• Members

PSM definitely was the ultimate Fallon. At her best, she was amazing. But, Emma Samms more than proved herself in the show's final season, when Paulsen finally allowed/wrote Fallon as she was meant to be. The writing and characterization prior to this, not to mention DYNASTY's static acting directive, gave Samms and Fallon NO chance.

I agree about Season 1 to an extent. It really was a deep, thoughtful, smart show, and it all came together wonderfully. But I also think Season 2 found a perfect balance between camp and smart. They were able to be OTT without sacrificing logic and plot. The more it went on, the more things fell apart. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Damn this imagery takes me back. Brits have often had a schoolyard sense of humor. Tidbits (!!!!!) magazine certainly bears (bares?) that out. The butt cheeks on the Olga Korbut pages, and the Bond Girl references! I honestly cannot tell if this mag is aimed at men or women. Possibly both. The 70s really was this permissive decade which was also rather prurient.

Kate O'Mara was stunning but IMO that picture does her no justice. Actually, I think she really grew into her commanding beauty when she hit her 40s and 50s.