• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I said this in the other Diahann Carroll appraisal thread but it bears repeating:

Seeing a HW for one of the remaining daytime soaps un-ironically post a meme with Ms. Carroll from Dynasty while he couldn't be bothered to write for or cast a black vixen like Dominique Deveraux on his own soap is the height of hypocrisy, but as Titus Burgess would say "Do your show, girl". 

Please register in order to view this content

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been watching a lot of Dynasty clips with the passing of Diahann Carroll and oh boy is she GOOD. The delight in her voice as she says "Our daddy" is something to behold.

Also the show hit number one the season she joined. Coincidence? I think not!

• Members

I just saw an episode from Season 7 called "The Rig", which featured Philip English (currently airing in Retro TV's rerun cycle of The Doctors) as a foreman in an offshore oil rig in Australia. Blake, Alexis and Ben were there to check it out when the rig exploded. The episode also featured Karen Cellini as Amanda. It bears repeating...what were they thinking? They should have just written Amanda out after Catherine Oxenberg left. She took me right out of her scenes.

• Members

Remember, though, that the last we saw Oxenberg's Amanda was when she fell into the pool at La Mirage.  Unless Oxenberg made clear her intention to leave BEFORE that scene was filmed, I don't think there was much TPTB could do about it.

Of course, they could've just...not mentioned her again after that, lol.