dm.

Dynasty Discussion Thread

On 6/26/2019 at 11:40 PM, All My Shadows said:

The second half of season six is good stuff! Caress and Ben came in at just the right time, and The Trial two-parter was great fun. I’m so glad they were able to rebound from all of the boring Moldavia stuff. I know the future looks grim, but I’m happy to just be making it all the way through the series. I started it literally a decade ago.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, te. said:

Oh yeah, the last half of season six is definitively one of the peak periods of the show, even if Alexis's sudden realisation that she's in love with Blake comes a bit out of nowhere. It's too bad that the squandered it in season seven as Alexis taking control of the mansion could've been a fantastic storyline but you know... it's Dynasty.

+1

I didn't know her from Dynasty but this seemed the most appropriate place to post this. RIP, she was brilliant and beautiful.

I said this in the other Diahann Carroll appraisal thread but it bears repeating:

Seeing a HW for one of the remaining daytime soaps un-ironically post a meme with Ms. Carroll from Dynasty while he couldn't be bothered to write for or cast a black vixen like Dominique Deveraux on his own soap is the height of hypocrisy, but as Titus Burgess would say "Do your show, girl". :ph34r:

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Seeing a HW for one of the remaining daytime soaps un-ironically post a meme with Ms. Carroll from Dynasty while he couldn't be bothered to write for or cast a black vixen like Dominique Deveraux on his own soap is the height of hypocrisy, but as Titus Burgess would say "Do your show, girl". :ph34r:

Which one?  Was it Ron Carlivati?  I'll bet it was Ron Carlivati!  That jackass, lol!

OTOH, I've witnessed how Ron Carlivati writes for POC, so I could feel grateful that, for the most part, he's left us the hell alone, lol!

I've been watching a lot of Dynasty clips with the passing of Diahann Carroll and oh boy is she GOOD. The delight in her voice as she says "Our daddy" is something to behold.

Also the show hit number one the season she joined. Coincidence? I think not!

I just saw an episode from Season 7 called "The Rig", which featured Philip English (currently airing in Retro TV's rerun cycle of The Doctors) as a foreman in an offshore oil rig in Australia. Blake, Alexis and Ben were there to check it out when the rig exploded. The episode also featured Karen Cellini as Amanda. It bears repeating...what were they thinking? They should have just written Amanda out after Catherine Oxenberg left. She took me right out of her scenes.

43 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

I just saw an episode from Season 7 called "The Rig", which featured Philip English (currently airing in Retro TV's rerun cycle of The Doctors) as a foreman in an offshore oil rig in Australia. Blake, Alexis and Ben were there to check it out when the rig exploded. The episode also featured Karen Cellini as Amanda. It bears repeating...what were they thinking? They should have just written Amanda out after Catherine Oxenberg left. She took me right out of her scenes.

Remember, though, that the last we saw Oxenberg's Amanda was when she fell into the pool at La Mirage.  Unless Oxenberg made clear her intention to leave BEFORE that scene was filmed, I don't think there was much TPTB could do about it.

Of course, they could've just...not mentioned her again after that, lol.