Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would mean she was fired AFTER the scene in the pool, then.

Well, I GUESS they could have said Amanda drowned that night.  Heck, they could've hired a stunt double to pose as her lifeless body (face down, of course).

LOL!!

(I better not say anymore, though.  I'm loathe to encourage a certain someone into posting more random nonsense on this or any other thread.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

I remember from the E! bts show on Dynasty that the Amanda issue was three-fold.  First, Joan Collins had just tried to have a sick-out in order to get more money, so when Catherine Oxenberg asked for more they didn't want to start a presidence.  Second, the follow-up season to the Moldavian massacre was when Dynasty started to slip in the ratings.  Third, once they recast Amanda, The Colby's was cancelled, so the return of Fallon to Denver made Amanda redundant.

• Members

AFAIK, they didn't.  They really blew the momentum they had built up from the Moldavian massacre.  Not just because the event itself carried little fallout (all that violence and bloodshed, and only two, minor characters are killed off?), but also the stories the following year (such as the Krystle/Rita storyline, IIRC) were just flat-out DUMB.

• Members

On the other hand, in the season seven premiere she was unconscious in the lobby of a burning La Mirage (I suppose we were to believe she and Sammy Jo had gotten out of the pool and was knocked out by someone) and saved by a mysteriously re-appearing Michael. 

In all honesty, they could've just used Karen as a body double for Catherine, shown her stumbling over from behind and being left to burn in the hotel while panicked guests were fleeing to the outside. Or just paid Oxenburg that extra $2k a week she asked for.

The Colby's wasn't cancelled until the season after and Fallon only returned in season 8 (bar the brief visit in season 7). Leslie was the official Amanda replacement - suddenly appearing as Ben's daughter/Blake's niece after Amanda mysteriously went to London never to be ever mentioned again on the show.