Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

I love how dishy and vaguely bitchy this interview is. Once you're a certain age and out of the spotlight, I guess there's no need to filter yourself.

He definitely looked good in his shorts in the 80s on Dynasty. He was the star of many a gay fantasy; people would have been shocked to know their fantasies could have been reality...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Heather is so tragic. It appears that she's an alcoholic with mental health issues and codependency who doesn't think twice about mixing prescription pills and booze. 

Ageing is hard. Ageing in Hollywood when you're Heather Locklear and you used to be known as one of the most beautiful women in the world - it would be excruciating when you're as insecure as she appears to be. She's back dating some guy she knew in high school after Tommy Lee, Richie Sambora, David Spade, Jack Wagner, a plastic surgeon and who else knows...she can't hack it alone and she really, really, needs to learn to.

Her spells in rehab haven't stuck, she's been in this same cycle for a solid 10 years. It seems to me that work kept Heather on the straight and narrow. She was Aaron Spelling's 'lucky penny' but now that penny has tarnished and Aaron isn't here anymore to save her with work. If he was alive, you can bet your last dollar she would be working for him. 

• Members

It is sad. For her sake and the sake of her daughter, I hope she can pull through. 

I watch the nightly reruns of TJ Hooker on FETV and find it hard to reconcile the Heather Locklear of today with the innocent good girl that Officer Stacy Sheridan was. She was awfully young when Aaron Spelling discovered her. I think she was only 20 or so. That image has probably been almost impossible to live up to, and years later she starts to crack. 

Maybe this incident will finally be the wake up call she needs. Only time will tell.

• Members

It's sad that things have fallen apart for her in recent years. I take it she mainly likes bad boys and most of her relationships wind up being toxic. The current guy she's with she dated back in high school in the 70's. Heather has been working since about 1979 with commercials, guest appearances etc...Aaron was her big break when he discovered her at 20.

I hope she gets the help she needs and gets her life on track. 

• Members

Me too. Aaron always kept her in steady work, now that he is gone, she lost her steady rock. Speaking of Spelling, I remember one time seeing some photos of Heather's high school yearbook and in one she is doing the famous Farrah pose in a swimsuit, but she is wearing a fake nose and glasses for a comedy gag. Little did she know, she would be working for the man that made Farrah a household name and would do the same for her. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

David Paulsen took over as the show-runner for Season 9, and Dana was a casualty of the changes. The show really improved by leaps & bounds over the last few seasons: storylines were more original & interesting, well-liked established characters like Sable were brought in to mix it up, and Fallon was written as Fallon once again (pretty much revealing that the problem with the recast wasn't the actress, it had been the writing - as had been the problem for the entire show the last few seasons - all along)... 

But Linda Evans exited, then Joan Collins said she'd be out... and ABC got panicky and canceled it just as things got good again - and without a series finale. I honestly would have loved to see where Dynasty would have gone from that last cliffhanger... Even the reunion almost entirely ignored Season 9's events.

• 1 month later...