Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What other actors don't you like from the beginning of SB?

IMO the man who is playing John Perkins is not doing a good job. He's so angry and exaggerated.

And Melissa Reeves or Brennan is not very good either & I also think Robin Wright was OK, but she's much better one or 2 months after the beginning.

• Members

I also wasn't crazy about Danny Andrade or the revolving door of C.C.s (though Charles Bateman wasn't bad, the role didn't really come alive until Jed Allan came in). Kelly/Joe was almost the only good thing about SB in the first couple of months until key people like Marcy Walker, Nic Coster, Kerry Sherman and Richard Eden came aboard.

• Members

I LOVE SB's promo. So 80s. I find myself watching all the SB promos a couple of times a year.

What annoyed you about Danny? I always got the impression from episodes I've seen that they never tried to invest in him or the Andrades at all. Even Santana, who did get some shine. I felt she was bulldozed by Cruz and Eden and that was the end of her. She was the beginning of many victims. Kirk. Tori. Elena. Robert/Quinn. So on and so on.

But back to Danny, why not give him a nice romance with Jade? I always felt that Ted flopped about in later years b/c he didn't have his solid core three with him. Especially Laken. But I guess because they were doing forbidden love stories with Kelly and Eden, they just decided to toss Ted aside.