Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

I feel the exact opposite - I felt that Ted flourished away from the teen group and was given more family scenes with the Capwells, and then the big story in 1985 with Christie Duvall. (The Duvall rape story and trial in the summer of 1985 was when I think SB as a whole started to really gel. It also gave Lane Davies a plot he could sink his teeth into - and gave Mason his first true love, Mary.) But SB could have done a lot more with Ted than they ultimately did, especially in the late 80s. Todd McKee was a handsome and charismatic young man who could actually ACT...but sadly was lost in the shuffle for the majority of his run on the show.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yup. As much as I loved this show, the choice of stories sometimes baffled me. I've already mentioned on here how much I loved Ted with Hayley, but in the space of a couple months they killed off Hayley, wrote Laken back out of the show, and essentially banished Ted to the background. For Todd's final roughly 18 months on the show, he was basically wasted. It's no wonder he left.

• Members

Todd McKee isn't even acting anymore. He now works as a financial advisor for Merrill Lynch:

https://www.ml.com/MLWM/System/ViewFAPage.aspx?pageurl=mckee&locator=2C8C74AC-04AB-4D14-95D4-50E05906016C

He was kind enough to autograph a couple of photos of him as Ted for me when I wrote to him at that address. He got back to me very quickly, too, within a couple of weeks.

• Members

I'll forever love Lane Davies in the role of Mason Capwell and loved him with NLG's Julia and credit him as the definitive Mason. With that said...

I agree Terry Lester was a good actor but sadly miscast, but if Mason had to have a replacement actor, I thought Gordon Thomson did the role justice, and it helped that he, too, sparked with NLG.