Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday, but Stacy Edwards (Hayley) turned the big 5-0 on Wednesday. She just did two episodes of Shameless for Showtime. Still looks great today!

Loving the discussion about 1985 SB, by the way. The whole lead-up to CC's collapse was great too. That last week of August where CC found out about Channing being Lionel and Sophia's son was the same week where Christie shot Steve by accident. That was one hell of a week...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Steve Bassett was SCARY. Rape or no, it's no wonder Christie was terrified of him. Every time he yelled and screamed, he even scared me a little. LOL Ashby Adams made a fantastic villain. Ironically, his real-life wife has the screen persona as one of the sweetest gals on classic TV - Linda Kaye Henning aka Petticoat Junction's Betty Jo Bradley.

• Members

Just love that stuff where Mary finally realise that he raped Christy. She was terrorfied by him when he started yelling on her. No wonder, he did an amazing job as Steve Bassett. I wish they would have kept Tricia on, she turned into such a wonderful actress on Y&R, same goes for Melissa Reeves. Jade Perkins just faded away, together with Laken and Christy that fall of 1985 (altough Laken returned for the christmas-episodes in 1985, and ofcurse in later years by Snyder and Danielson)

• Members

Ahh, yes! I believe i have some of those episodes uploaded to my youtube-account. That whole Halloween week where Gina plotted to kill him was some of the most intense stuff ive ever seen. The stuff where she duplicates Edens dress, prepare the wig, sets the clock back so Brandon wont get suspicious, and down to the whole plug-pulling. Such a terrific time. To bad this was the end for Linda Gibboney. She was such a dynamic and great actress. Ive always wondered what it would be like if they brought Robin Mattson in like a different caracter, and kept Linda as Gina. Would have been fireworks!

• Members

It would have been interesting had they kept Linda Gibboney on as Gina, maybe they could have cast Robin Mattson as her sister (there were said at one point to be several Blake siblings, including Summer and Mack). Interesting that they both played vixens on AMC (albeit at different times) as well.

SantaBarbaraNBC, have you found Episode 152 yet? (Sorry to be a nag - just curious.)