Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Jesus. And SB was only on for what? About 7-8 years? That's like two rapes every damn year. Makes me side eye the Dobson and I actually like SB from what I've seen. That's something that shouldn't be used a plot point. I can understand why fans loathed the gynecologist/serial rape story. It was too much.

Wasn't BJ Walker raped too? Or just abused?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It undercut the close relationship Augusta and Julia always had. Augusta did a lot of questionable things, but the one thing that was always evident was that she cared and loved her sister... so for her to fall in love with the guy that raped her sister was just wrong. Perhaps, if she had fallen for him before he'd raped Julia.. then shown the conflict she had over having feelings for him.. then it might have worked.. might.. being the key word

• Members

I cannot picture either Augusta nor Vivian played by anyone other than Louise Sorel. She can do camp with the best of them, but those characters - especially Augusta - had such vulnerability underneath it all. I know LS also played a short-term role on OLTL after she left SB the first time in 1986, but I haven't seen her work there and can't comment on it.

• Members

I have read in a few places that Timothy's brother was David Gibbs, the blonde male model/actor on the 80's game show Sale Of The Century. I don't know if that's true or not.

David was killed a couple of years ago in a helicopter crash. He was a stunt flyer for TV and film for twenty something years after Sale ended.

I remember reading the other Sale male model Gregorio Gaviati had a role on Days in the early 90's. What role did he play ? He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Female Sale model Lou Mulford has appeared on several soaps and a clip of her on Capitol is on her youtube account.

• Members

According to his IMDB page, yes it is. It's listed on David's acting credits appearing 1995-1998. It now has Tim listed as his brother in the bio section, but I don't know if that is fact or someone just wanting to link the two "Gibbs"

David was a model/actor in Sale Of The Century 1983-1989 (entire shows run), but IMDb has just 1983 listed, which is wrong.