Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for posting!

February 11, 1985 was fascinating to watch. I will forever love the opening credits, that arch design, etc. The show definitely has some very, VERY good looking men. Wowza. Augusta is utterly fascinated. I could watch her forever. I loved that moment where Liz was driving Warren and actually sang along to the song on the radio!!! It was such a nice little detail, especially how she did it while she was delivering dialogue.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Stephen Meadows made Peter Flint into one of the sickest, most twisted villains in SB's run (and there were quite a few!) - but despite all the horrible things he did, he still had a shred of humanity in him to the end. He really did love Kelly. Losing her literally made him lose his mind. I think Mr. Meadows did an excellent job making that come through to the audience.

• Members

They sure had a mishmash of characters come and go the first half of 1985 - Lady Peale, Jackie and Larry Parks, Maggie Gillis and her husband...I think the only character that came aboard at that time who caught on was Julia. I wasn't sorry to see Lady Peale vanish without a trace. She was annoying, clingy and her whining was like nails on a chalkboard. Nonetheless, it was Lady Peale who finally set Amy straight about Brick's feelings for her and I can't wait to see that episode in its entirety. We're getting closer, I see!!

• Members

I really don't think SB truly came together until the Duvall rape trial, which introduced Harley Kozak as the unforgettable Mary Duvall, there in support of her sister Christie. It finally gave Lane Davies a truly meaty story. With great couplings like Eden/Cruz, Amy/Brick and then Mason/Mary, everything just gelled in the summer of 1985.