Positive News for Daytime Television

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When i lived in a sorority house there was a ton of girls that watched soaps. Some girls (like myself) would get so excited about soaps that other girls who didn't watch would watch with us so they could talk about what we were talking about and they got addicted themselves.

There was a ton of girls who watched Days and a few of them would stick around for passions. The second most popular was All My Children and none of them ever watched OLTL. Actually most of the AMC girls watched Y&R and there was a few B&B people who also watched Y&R. There was also a small group who watched GH (I think most of them watched Days) So in my two years of living in the sorority house I heard about those 7 soaps. The only ones I did not hear about was ATWT and GL.

I can see how it can be popular for college students probably because many of them do not have class in the afternoon so they can watch. The only problem I think is will these college students continue watching when they are done with college? I bet a lot of them had there fun and memory's in college and when they are working and have their families they won't care as much about tapeing the new shows or watching them on soap net.

• Members

Not according to Frons and many on this board who are convinced the only ones watching Y&R are those in the nursing home who are watching out of habit because they don't know any better to change the channel.

I knew this was coming but never could find the date. I am glad that this was posted. This Thursday should tell us something.

• Members

I read about this last year - I thought they were going to do this awhile ago...

Anyway - I go to a large school - and have good friends in a few sororities. They said in all their sorority houses, they have a TV room for each of the channels - ABC, CBS, and NBC - and TIVO for each TV and everyday they record the soaps on each channel. Then the girls can watch whatever soaps they want to for the entire week during that week.

They said the ABC and NBC TV's are the most popular....with DAYS, AMC, and GH being the most popular soaps watched. Most of the girls think PSNS is stupid, but fast forward to watch for the hot shirtless guys....and then they said if any of them watch the CBS ones, it'd be Y&R and B&B, but still the CBS TV is rarely watched. Not many watch OLTL, they said none of the guys are hot and they don't really like the stories on there.

Anyway that is the most current report I have from most of my friends here....

• Members

From my experience Days is very popular among college girls. My experience is out of date, but I have a feeling that still holds true. At the time, I was exclusivly a CBS watcher and I was always out of luck. :angry::lol: I do hope Days gets a good bump from this since they seem to be in danger.

Archived