Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Loved Victor Garber aka spydaddy as the mean literary teacher. I hated James Van Der Beek as the untolearant stylist or whatever he was, his performance was forgettable, I didn't like his acting on Dawson's Creek and I didn't like it last night. I buy justin's acting out, but I don't buy him with a girl. :lol:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've actually been a little disappointed so far this season. I just feel like they're throwing too much melodrama out there, going overboard with the soapy plot twists. The first episode I was like is Amanda really fat or just wearing a fat suit or having a bad dream, or what. I knew Santo's appearance was a dream and I wasn't feeling it, no sadness, nothing. The stuff in Mexico had me going, "that's it"? Last season I almost felt like they told too much story too soon, like certain stories and characters developed too fast. So far now I almost feel like they reverted and are throwing every soap cliche' out there all at once. I realize, it's supposed to be over the top but too far over and it loses some of its heart...for me, anyway. Even the Betty/Henry romance I enjoyed so much is getting too convoluted.

I did like seeing Robert Desiderio again, though, Judith Light's hubby. They're really going through the cast's spouses (Judith, Vanessa, Rebecca).

• Members

^^ He was the guy at the New Yorker magazine.

I remember when they met on OLTL. They were paired towards the end of her run there. I remember thinking they were pretty hot together. ;) Karen was written off going away with his character, Steve Piermont. If SoapNet had continued airing Ryan's Hope past where it stopped in 1981, he would have soon debuted as Orson Burns, replacing Nick Surovy.

• Members

I just knew Posh would be on UB, she's my favorite spice girl despite the fact that she has no talent and I don't like the spice girls music. I like her diva attitude and her husband. An again we have Rick Fox on next with with his awkward scenes with his ex, couldn't they have given him another role???? I still don't understand why betty is having issues with being with henry, so what if he will have a baby this is 2007 she can't adapt to him having a child?

• Members

I think having Vicki on Betty this week is an excellent idea. Spice Girls uniting and all that, Mel B on DWTS, and Posh fits the style of the show perfectly. I can't wait for the "wedding!"

Loved last week with Henry and Betty. They are so cute together! Awww. I really wish they didn't mess them up with the whole Charlie pregnant thing. Gio is pretty funny though.

The Rick Fox thing is really interesting thing, especially with them rumored to have a bitter divorce.

Loved Amanda's outfit too.

• Members

I'm still hoping Charlie's faking things somehow, like she's gonna drop a pillow or something. :P

Continuity goof: when Betty and Henry are lying in bed and she gets the message from her father, the blanket is up under their arms. Next second when she turns around it's down past her hips.

• Members

I loved this episode. One of my favorites.

I loved Vicky B's cameo and how Willy locked her up because of all the attention she was getting. Oh, and when Amanda was up singing "Milkshake?" Hilarious! Cliff & Marc are really cute too.

I loved when Betty and Henry moved in together, that was so cute when they both woke up together. I really hope Charlie IS faking it, I really hope he sticks around or something happens. The baby storyline was so silly!

So is Bradford going to be the one who dies? I wonder. I thought that was a great ending last week. I can't believe Daniel fired Betty! I hope she goes back as his assistant; it wouldn't be the same!

Christina's husband showing up was really interesting. I wonder if he really is sick or if he's scamming her for money.

• Members

Ok, any OC fans notice Bradford's heart attack similar to when Caleb (also played by Alan Dale) had a heart attack to on The OC? Hallelujah was like the OC song. Just show clash and awesome.

I love this show, I love them all. But Wilhelmina being the demanding bride (the one day she's entitled to BE the demanding one) and Amanda singing "Milkshake"? God, I love UB.

Archived