Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amazing, brilliant, beautiful, shocking, tragic, funny... can we say perfect? This was my favorite episode of the series and I think of any show this year. Wouldn't it be great if Amanda got to take over Meade somehow? I wonder where Claire is going to end up. LOVED the irony with Alexis and Daniel, and the twist with psychoCharlie. But the ending...and the tragic turn of events the Suarez family was just dealt with...that was what makes this show special. Yes, it's a fun satirical soap opera. Yes, it's a comedy. But the Suarez family has always been the best part of the show. Santos had become immensely likable, it was SO sad! I can't wait for season two...

• Members

Wow, not that was an exciting finale...So many amazing cliffhangers...And i was shocked that they killed Santos, he was such a cutie....At least this will give Hilda some good material next season..And i'm stoked that they are tying Amanda to Fey, since Amanda is my favorite character...

• Members

God, did ANY of you noticed that for the cliffhanger (the final few seconds), the lights went out in the gym (set lighting fadeout) and then Betty and Hilda still had a spotlight on them. "West Side Story" fans know that was SO paying homage to a memorable shot in that classic film. I have to APPLAUD the director of that season finale for making that choice. Because that, and the cutting between West Side and the events at the convenience store, up until the laast SECOND, was NOTHING short of [!@#$%^&*] BRILLIANT!

• Members

What I love is how the show never lets us stay in a heightened reality for too long. We have the soap: Claire, Amanda, Christina, Bradford, Wilhelmina, Marc, Henry, Charlie, Dr. Farkas, Daniel, and Alexis. Then, though, we have the Suarez family. Without a doubt the most functional family on television, and definitely the warmest, it was HEARTBREAKING when Santos died. It was so beautiful that the show ended on such a quiet note with Hilda breaking down in Betty's arms. I can't wait for next season! While I felt this way about Desperate Housewives at the end of season one when they killed Rex and revealed the truth about Mary Alice, that show's foundation cracked ridiculously. I don't see that happening with Betty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Amazing finale!!! I love how she found out the baby probably isn't Henry's. I hope she can tell him the truth soon. but the ending was AMAZING. How sad that Santos died, and the end with Betty and Hilda crying outside the play was really sad.

And I loved how Faye is Amanda's mom! I can't wait til next season.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Anyone bought Season 1 yet? It came out last Tuesday. Its rather pricey here in Canada, the lowest I've seen it going for is 55.99. I may purchase it but am interested to know what all is on it before I do. Anyone got it yet?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My heart was RIPPED out of my chest at the end with Hilda! I didn't see that coming - I was so happy from the beginning that he lived, and it was so nice to see her happy....then BAM! Reality! I guess I should have figured it out when they talked about her not coming down from her room ever...but still!

Love this show!!! So much going on...and all good!

Archived