Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

aww man, I loved Justin's father. I liked how accepting he was of him and how he was with Hilda. Im really sad that they killed him off.

The Amanda revelation was interesting. Im thinking she's an illegitamate Meade but then that would make her Daniel's sister. Eww!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's to hoping that Amanda isn't Bradford's, because like you mentioned it would be nasty because she slept with Daniel.....

Poor Hilda...... :(

The ending of tonight's show was so sad that it had me teary eyed......

• Members

I loved the finale! There were so many cliffhangers. Betty finding out Charlie cheated on Henry. Is Santos dead? Daniel and Alexis being in the car accident due to the breaks on Bradford's car being cut, due to Alexis' hit out on Bradford and Claire escaping from the prison bus. I can't wait for the fall!

• Members

I'm thinking Santos is dead from Hilda's reaction. If he was still alive she most likely would of ran out of there.

That was one of the best season finale cliffhangers ever. The last 10 minutes was just amazing.

And I really hope Amanda isn't Bradford & Faye's love child. Since she did sleep with Daniel. Hopefully, she's just Faye's daughter.

Marc & Wihlemina (sp?) were great as well.

• Members

I hated how they threw in just about every cliffhanger cliche: A prison break, a shooting, a car crash, the revelation that Fey was Amanda's mother, Henry & Charlie about to leave on the plane. I know this show is campy and frequently goes over the top, but to me this was just too much.

I think Santos is dead; otherwise, why would Betty take Hilda out of the auditorium before the end of the play? Also, it coincides with the plot of West Side Story for Santos to really die at the same time that Justin "dies" as Tony.

• Members

OMG! What a great season finale!

So many cliffhangers - It'll be hard to wait for the fall.

I was tearing up at the end - I can't believe Santos is dead - and Hilda's reaction was heartbreaking as Justin's character was dying onstage.

I loved Betty's little dentist. She's a keeper.

I absolutely love Amanda. Interesting twist with her being Fey's daughter.

I loved how Wilhemina changed her date for Mark. That was sweet.

• Members

Having just finished watching the season ender, I have to say that there is no doubt in my mind that this show IMO is THE BEST new show of the 2006-07 season!

It has been a long time since a series on broadcast television has made me feel anything besides irritation, boredom, annoyance, or various other negative emotions. However, this episode of the little show that could packed superb emotional punch in each and every scene!

The writers brilliantly stirred up a perfect blend of comedy, high-stakes drama, and camp. The suspense built perfectly from each scene to the next and kept me guessing until the very end.

As I watched the episode, it brought back memories of the way my favorite daytime soaps used to excite me...the starcrossed romance between Betty and Henry actually had me smiling and falling in love them...inspiring me to believe that two people can actually fall in love and want so much to be together. The happiness Hilda was experiencing as her wedding day approached, finally about to realize her dream of a reunited family, was so real and intoxicating...Vanessa Williams has truly come into her own as ice-cold bitch (yet with an undeniable vulnerability and heart)Wilhelmenia (sp?)...this girl is aiming to give the great bitch/divas of the 80's primetime soap greats a run for their money!

(Instant classic line) Bradford, a huge diamond engagement ring in hand, climbs into bed with a sleeping Willie...WILLIE: (smiling and opening her eyes) "I thought I smelled jewelry!"

And what can I say about the ending? SIMPLY BRILLIANT. I was in tears as the fade out, and I am not one to usually cry when it comes to such things.

May Betty and her friends continue to deliver excellence in the new season!

• Members

Sigh....Betty and Henry. :wub: The stuff in the copy room was so cute. And did you hear one of the staffers who came to gawk at them say "Is that the guy who looks like C3PO?" (Yeah, he does do that funny thing with his arms sometimes when he walks.) :P And, finally, they kissed for real...only it was a goodbye kiss. :(

Wow, so Santos' death didn't seem to be too open-ended. But, still, I guess at some point they could say they faked his death for witness protection or something if they bring the actor back.

Wilhelmina...honestly, she's one of my least favorite parts of the show. Maybe it's because she's mostly been involved with "bandaged woman" and Bradford and I just wasn't that interested. But I do like when Fabia shows up and they snark at each other.

It's gonna be a long hiatus!

Archived