Lost: Discussion Thread

• Administrator

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a flash foward!!???? I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

When Kate stepped out of the car, I only could think of two things. 1: WTF is happening? 2. Evangeline Lily is so fuckin hot!!

That was simply the best season finale of any show this season. It was action packed...it was funny.....it was suspenseful.....it was sad.....it was shocking......it was riveting.

And that cliffhanger....it was to be one of the best cliffhangers EVER.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was amazing. This show did not disappoint this season. I hear people all the time say how much the quality of the show has declined, and I can't disagree more. It's clear the writers have had a clear vision of the show from the get-go. Everything just made sense this spring. I can't believe they've given us so many answers...and always give us more questions!

• Members

Amazing finale. Both my mom and I were saying how the show made a mistake by giving Jack such a modern cell phone in his flashback. But it was not a mistake...it post-island. I'm absolutely blown away and can't wait for the new season in February. The only two problems I have is 1) Charlie being an expert swimmer when in Season 1 it was stated that he can't swin and 2) If Locke has a gun, why did he feel it neccesary to brutally murder Naomi by throwing a knife in her back??!! Pretty crazy actions. Hopefully they release the DVD's early so people can catch up and get back into the best show currently on TV. Lost is my 2nd fave show of all time. This season and finale did not disappoint.

• Members

I thought it was so depressing, but also very entertaining and action-packed. First I was rooting for Jack to kick that guy's a** because he just didn't want anybody to ever get off that island, but then we learned he wasn't lying but it's bizarre/creepy that what he's saying is somehow the truth. And Poor Charlie, the death was beautifully choreographed, and the baby crying. I only caught the last hour due to them going against AI.

Were we being shown what would happen if Jack made the choice to make the call and get Found? or were we being shown what happened after Jack chose to have them Found? I guess that'll be answered in 2008. It's going to be difficult for me to imagine the show picking up with them Found.

I like how damn complicated this show is, it gives me a headache but all the same is crazy interesting.

• Members

Well that was an amazing episode. Seriously, one of the best season finales of any show, ever. And one of Lost's best episodes. I loved every. freakin'. minute.

I don't think I can wait 9 months. Bring on 2008!

• Members

I gotta agree. Now that we know there will be three more 16-episode "chapters", if you will, we can watch knowing a definite end is around the corner.

My head's still spinning from that finale. What an incredible twist.

• Members

ITA, and I couldn't do so anymore!! What a great eppy for a GREAT show. That article is right, not since Twin Peaks have I been so captivated by a TV show, I mean, seriously, LOL

What a game changer indeed! A flash-forward, how simple, yet so shocking! And EL was SMOKIN!! All three of the people I watched it with, were like, wow, HOT.

I do wonder who was in the car accident, had to have been someone on the island, that really made an impact.

And Charilie, awe, I'm so sad. I FLOVE DM, but at least he got to be a hero, as did Hurly.

Still thought more of the people we've gotten to really know would have died, but there are 48 more eppys to go, so, you know.

Wasn't sure if this got answered either, but another poster asked who that was with the grenade, it was the Russian guy, with the eye patch. He didn't die when Desmond shot him, so he swam out and then killed Charlie basically. Charlie knew he was supposed to die, he was ready and willing, which, IMO, makes his character all the more better. :)

Here's to 2008!! I can't wait, so let the countdown begin, B)

• Members

WOW, the finale was fricken awesome!! The show definitely delivered in its 2nd half. The first half seemed dismantled, I think they could have done it differently but it worked out fine the way they did. I can't wait for this show to return again! It sucks that it will only be 16 episodes :(.

But what an awesome show!!

• Members

Oh.... my.... God!

I am like... shaking! And I don't know what to say... it's... WOW!

First of all, this is how you do a season finale! Okay, yeah, we didn't get ANY answers, but I don't care since it was so damn good!

About Charlie's death... the way I see it... if Desmond saw Penny on the screen, he would want to go in and talk to her, in spite of the crazy Russian dude holding a granate by the window. So Charlie knew that... and maybe he was scared that if Des died too, the prophecy wouldn't be true and his friends wouldn't be rescued, so he had to lock himself in...

Someone mentioned Jack's cell in the flashback/flashforward lol... I noticed too.. I was like, wow... Jack sure did have a nice cell phone back in whatever year that was... and all I could think was: when could have all this happen?! Then I thought it was right after Jack's divorce, but something didn't fit...

And the whole funeral thing... I am scared that it's Sawyer... because they showed a photo of someone in the papers that Jack was reading and now that I think about it, it could be Sawyer's pic.. but it was too far away from the camera and it went by too fast, so I don't know...

Evangeline Lily is a beauty godess... but when Kate walked out of that car my mouth dropped... I thought Naomi would show up... I really did... cause I kinda thought that maybe Jack was in on Naomi's game and that's why he wasn't afraid to answer the phone... but when we saw Kate's face.. oh my God!

Hurley helping was great! Loved it! I was so sad for him that both Charlie and Sawyer told him he's too fat to help... I know they only tried to protect Hurley, but still... so when he came in his van, I was laughing my ass off and it was sooooo good!

And I was soooo happy that Losties were kicking Others' asses! Amazing!

Danielle meeting Alex was weird... and her first words to a daughter she hasn't seen in 16 years were: Will you help me tie him up? LOL

God and now we have to wait till January 08 to see what happens...

Well, now we know who isn't dying... Kate and Jack.. they make it safely home... what about the rest of them..?

I also wonder... what if this version of Jack's future can change? What if there is a specific event that could change where his future is headed...

God, so many questions!

But I guess it is helping that we now the end is coming... in 3 years, yeah, but still...

LOST HAD THE BEST SEASON FINALE THIS YEAR! Great job!

• Members

Truly a stellar, bind-f*cking ending from what was an amazing season for Lost.

I disagree with the poster who said there were no answers. We learned:

* the full truth of Alex/Ben's relationship - she is not his daughter as was always speculated

* why Ben had Karl brainwashed - over protective birth control, kinda sweet really.

* Jack is in love with Kate

* Naomi is not who she says she is (I predict she is with the Dharma group, back to take the Island from the hostiles)

* Penny has been busy looking and transmitting for Desmond

* The Island has been found

* Survivors eventually (at least by Oct '06, Lost time) get off the island

* The others lost faith in Ben, hense failing to follow his orders on many occations.

* Locke has taken on the role of island spiritual leader, knowing the same "everything I do I do for the Island" mantra that misguided Ben wore for so many years.

* All of Desmonds "flashs" came true (this means that in addition to Kate and Jack, Claire and Aaron will be airlifted off the island in a helicopter to fufill Desmond's flash).

Unanswered Questions

* Is Walt dead, or just the Island/Jacob's manifestation of Locke's motivation to 'get to work'?

* Where are/what are the ruins that Richard and the few remaining others are trekking to?

* What is left for those still on the beach? Sawyer, Hurley, Juliet, Sayid, Bernard, Jim and (eventually) Desmond were not at the radio tower when contact was made. Perhaps they were the ones that Jack and Kate left behind.

* Who are Naomi's people (I am guessing a far less hippyish, far more world-domination oriented Dharma group lead by Penny and Son's dad)

* Who was dead in the coffin? (more on this later)

* What year did the flashforward take place in. Based on the phone technology, it would have to be after 2006. But if you watched closely, the man who died (yes it was a man) lived in a condominum complex in LA that has yet to be finished. This development is expected to be completed by 2010, so maybe they are really at the end of the show and the real world has been going on in real time while island time has been going on so slowly. This might explain why Richard Alpert rarely ages, since as far as we know, he's only been off the island for a few years of his life. Anyway, what year was it? I'm guessing 2009, as the final season will take place off the island with flashbacks on the island.

* Is Jack's father alive in this timeline - I'm guessing no. He's still dead and Dr. Hamill's expression when Jack asked id Christian was drunker gave that away. Jack's just living in mental hate land.

Ok, so now for some serious analysis...

Who was in the coffin. Here is what we know:

* It is a man,

* according to the news paper, his name starts with J

* The man was originally from New York.

* He lived in a condo in LA at the time of his death

* He is neither Jack's friend or family

* Is someone from Jack and Kate's time on the island that they both know.

* This person has no friends or family and no one cared or wanted to show they cared that he died.

* The funeral took place in a predominantly african-american neighbourhood

* And he's the kicker, this person's death was enough of a reason for Jack to want to kill himself.

Given those clues, here is what I'm thinking. The person could either be John Locke, James Ford, Jacob or someone whose name was changed after they got back. Looks like a lot of things have changed, including Kate seemingly wealthy and not on the run from the law. She is also concerned about "him" not wanting her out too late. Hmmm, what does that mean. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I think that this person in the coffin is Ben or Michael. Jack is obviously obsessed with getting back to the island (plane trips, maps everywhere) and if Ben died then Jack knows that he's the last person who could guide them back. But I'm not convinced that is all true. I think it was Michael. A) all black neighbourhood. B) John and Kate hate michael for betraying them, killing Libby and Ana-Lucia and not coming for them, C) Michael was initially from New York, D) Michael left the island and may have been a source for Jack to get back to the island. But you'd think that Michael (unlike Ben) would have had people at his funeral. Maybe not. Maybe Walt returned to the island or hates Michael for what he did. If this did indeed take place in 2006, 2009 or 2010 a lot of things have happened.

So that is my theory.

As for the rest of the amazing island stuff. Wow, Charlie's death was heroic and tragic. Very funny how Hurley saved the day but did Sawyer have to kill Tom? The answer is yes, but it was definatley haunting. Loved Danielle and Alex's reunion, so sweet and wacky. Locke's return from the grave was eerie and in need of further Jacob-esq explaining. And just who is on the boat....

Next season can't come soon enough. For those of you who actually had the patience to read this whole note, let me know what you think.

Archived