Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a REALLY great show. I enjoyed WAY more than I thought I would. All summer long, I've been looking forward to "Ugly Betty," "Friday Night Lights," the season premiere of "Desperate Housewives," and that other show with Sally Field about the family. I feel so stupid for not thinking that it'd be as good as it was!

I'm glad that the number of brothers and sisters isn't even because, honestly, when you take the roof off the average American home, are you going to find an even amount of genders among the children? Probably not.

I love that each of the characters have their own lives. Calista's character (Kitty, I believe) is a fricken CONSERVATIVE, but I still enjoyed her. The war vet brother (who was hot, of course, but yes, a little bit too thin) seemed to be the average surfer/party guy. The gay brother seemed to be business-savvy. Balthazar Getty's character (I happened to love Baltz in his younger days in "Lord of the Flies") was married with some kiddies. And the other sister (Rachel Griffiths?) was having those all-too-familiar soapy marriage problems.

I absolutely adored this show and look forward to the next episode. Hopefully, it and DH become great partners-in-crime (imo, B&S is much more suited to be DH's sister than "Grey's" ever was) and are able to be what "Dallas" and "Falcon Crest" were for much of the early-mid 1980s.

• Members

When I first heard about the show, I thought it had an excellent cast, but really didn't want to

start watching ANOTHER new show....but after DH, I ended up watching and think I'm hooked

already. It really got interesting the last 15 minutes.....the dad possibly having an affair and

then dying. Plus the business is in potential crisis.

Calista and the guy she met at the station (I remember him from Pepper Dennis) had chemistry. I'm hoping there will be more of that and she'll ditch the ass she's currently with. :)

• Members

OMG! One episode and I'm hooked! I really hope this show sticks cuz so far its really good. Sally Field almost had me in tears when she was talking about 9/11 and her children being there and what she went through and felt as a mother having to worry and everything. Then they topped it with that so sad ending! I so didn't want him to die so soon.

I can't wait till the next episode!

• Members

The resurrection of ABC continues as they have brought on another solid show! Awesome show! It was rather slow the first little bit but it just kept building and setting up the father's death. It was a great episode and those scenes between Sally and Calista. You can so believe the rift between them. Calista and Sally will surely be in the emmy fold next year if the show maintains a good rating. 10.6, .4 behind Without a Trace. Awesome numbers. I think that's the best debut so far this season.

• Members

Wow, what promo was that??? I always saw sally in the promo's but they showed her very little, which is why I thought she might be the one to die. But in the last month they began showing her alot in the promos. ABC better not screw sally again, last time she had a show on abc it lasted only 2 episodes and it got some critical acclaim.

• Members

"The Court" yeah I remember that show. It was a mid season replacement if I remember correctly.

Sally Field I do believe joined the cast late. Hopefully all the behind the scenes changes don't hurt the show. I am very impressed with their numbers. Hopefully they can build on them.

• Members

I watched the tape yesterday and wow! I was expecting it to be good and worried about all the backstage problems, but this was a great first episode. I hadn't read any spoilers and was shocked when the dad fell into the pool at the end.

I love Sally Field and the scene where she and Calista Flockhart confronted each other was just outstanding.

I also worship Rachel Griffiths and would watch her in just about anything, so I'm glad she's on an excellent show.

• Members

Sally Field was a replacement for the delightfully wonderful Betty Buckley, best known as Abby on "Eight is Enough" and Miss Collins in the original "Carrie." She was one of my main draws to B&S, but I love Sally just the same, so I wasn't too hurt when the recast took place.

Odd that everyone says that Betty is "older." Sally is actually older by several months.

• Members

Me too, I think Rachel Griffiths is so amazing. I watched her on HBO's Six Feet Under.

She played Brenda Chenowith who at the age of six was declared a genius and placed in the care of psychiatrists who manipulated and scrutinized her every move. Brenda's family life with her parents, both psychiatrists was totally dysfunctional in the extreme.

Brenda falls in love then sabotages her relationship by engaging in anonymous sex anywhere, anytime with strangers or whoever. She vowed she never would seek psychiatric help but realizes that she needs support for sexual addicts. This character was very colorful and entertaining.

• Members

They struck gold having two time, emmy, golden globe and academy award winning Sally Field as a replacement. This show is just WOW to me. I didn't find it boring at all. Definitely the BEST NEW SERIES. ABC has done it again. The ending was superbly directed, and I actually got misty eye. I LOVE THIS CAST!

Archived