Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First episode tonite. I love it so far, I definitely see what everyone here is talking about regarding character relations and acting. I love Flockhart!! I hope ABC gives the show a chance because I definitely will..

• Members

I can't say enough how much I LOVE this show.

OMG - Sally Fields rocked it. Hello Emmy!

I'm loving all storylines - I'm loving ALL characters (I would say except the older brother who helps run the business, but after he got the little girl to go into the pool - my heart melt and he's back to my like list).

I loved the ending - and the song "Easier to Lie" by Aqualung - except the gay brother munching into the cupcake was a little much. I'm not sure I really like this flamboyant 'witness' of his.

Anyway love love love this show - one of my new favorites. I look forward to this more than DH now on Sunday nights.

• Members

B&S has replaced dh as my favorite show on sundays, Sally field is one of my favorite actresses of all-time, I'll watch her on anything. DH better watch out theres a new show in town, I think they could potentially beat dh in the ratings, I think their female cast with calista, sally, the skank(who is the director/co-creators wife.lol), and rachael blows the dh women far away.

• Members

See, this is why I"m an idiot. I read SON while watching "Days," "Passions" and B&S and other shows and what happens? I SPOIL myself from what would have been INCREDIBLE shockers...and now I wasted the mother's big reveal that she knew. Damn, damn, DAMN!! :lol:

But to take a different tack from the one many of you took, are you not offended that the mom (still don't know her name, damn) would have sold her huge mansion to move into this poor rental woman's home--in essence, kicking her out? Because if she's renting, then I think that's how that works. Homegirl had some NERVE there.

• Members

No. Because I never thought she would do that. :lol: I knew when Nora went to the skanks house something was up, also I read the spoilers so I already knew that she knew. But on the other hand, she is living by herself, and most people when they get to a certain age want a smaller living space. An the skanks house wasn't all that bad, it was kinda cute.

• Members

Oh, you guys, I'm so conflicted. On the one hand, I want Kitty's relationship to work, but on the other, I feel for her liberal competition, who clearly has some form of a heart and isn't a bag 'em and leave 'em kind of guy. But that's where the conflict is!!! How could I POSSIBLY want my Kitty with a liberal? I hope the show doesn't try to couple these two. But then again, I kind of hope it does...Oh, gosh! It's like that "Family Ties" dilemma all over again. When he got serious with the liberal. AAAAAAAAAHHH!!! I can't take it!!! It's so hard to figure out!!! God help us all!!!

• Members

I loved this episode.

I don't read spoilers for primetime shows so I was happily surprised that Nora knew about Holly all along. Sally Field is an incredible actress and my favorite scene was at the very end when she dove into the pool.

I want Kitty to leave Jonathan for the liberal. I hated Jonathan in the first episode when he gave her the ultimatum of either marrying him or taking the job. Imo, he's one of those conservatives who thinks a woman's place is at home while the man works. Kitty can do much better. Besides, she and the liberal (whose name I can't remember) would be just like Mary Matalin and James Carville.

I like Scotty! He's funny and somewhat campy. I think Kevin will eventually warm up to him when Scotty's case is over.

All in all, I love just about every character except for Balthazar Getty's. There's just something about him that creeps me out.

• Members

God. Another fantastic episode. I love this show. Easily my favorite new show this season.

Sally Field just rocks it. I love how much we see of her now. I love that Nora knew about Holly and has known for 15 years. Wow. Loved how she revealed it at the dinner party.

I like the business aspect of it. The tension between Tommy and Sarah is interesting. I'd like to see more of Tommy AWAY from the business aspect though. Isn't he married? Why not develop that a little more?

Loved the family scenes with Sarah and her family. Great stuff.

I was glad we got a little less of Justin. Dave Annabelle is awesome but it was a nice break. I wonder how long his drug problems will continue?

Kitty torn between two lovers was funny tonight but in the long-run, I couldn't care less. I already like the liberal far more than Jonathan. Dump Jonathan and shack up with the liberal.

Kevin and Scotty ... I guess they're alright. It has interesting potential. I'm glad they're going to play it out, but did we really need a sterotypical flamboyant gay guy? He kinda bugs me ... sorry ... lol. But the story has potential.

Love this show. Love love love this show.

Archived