Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't say how much I just love this show...

I love the interaction between all the siblings. Tonight my favorite was Justin and how he got Sarah's little girl to accept the shots. Then he taught Sarah how to give shots - that was so warm and first time we've seen those two really interact on a familial level.

For the first time, I actually liked Kevin's new boyfriend - and the direction their relationship went tonight was good. I definitely relate more to Kevin - and it was nice to see his reaction to the PDA kiss at the restaurant - and then having the two try to understand each other. I am happy to see that ABC is willing to do a gay relationship/storyline justice and give it prominent screentime in a straight-oriented family drama.

I'm getting the feeling that the older brother has/is more of a bully older brother. I wish we could see more of him, as he is the only character that really hasn't been established or seen in a large capacity. Although, next week it looks like he finally gets his own personal storyline with his wife. Looking forward to that...

I loved the end when Kitty slept in Nora's bed. I just love Sally Field and Calista in this show.

That intern - what has she been in? I've definitely seen her before - just can't put my finger on it...I'm thinking Nip/Tuck - but I need a refresher on what character she played. WAIT - she was the girl in the 1st season that Matt ran over! I knew she looked familiar.

Great episode!

• Members

Well, first of all, can I say how much Treat Williams did NOT look like himself at first?! Wow, I was pleasantly surprised when I realized, "Hey, that's that guy from 'Everwood'!!!!!!"

Now, having said that, I did NOT enjoy the way he minced no words to tell Nora they were not on a date. Jerk!

As for Jonathon and Kitty, it that actor on contract? I don't know. Either way, I just get the feeling that we haven't seen the last of him. I mean look at the "Grey's Anatmony" love triangle we've gotten...just because there's been a one-night stand and perhaps an affair of the heart, doesn't mean the character involved with all that on this show is toast.

One thing I didn't like (or get) in this episode was Nora's speech about Jonathon's serving peasant food while he discusses the millions he handles. Um, Nora, that's basically getting mad at the guy because he's rich. And guess what, girlfriend? Look at your HOUSE. Look at your lawn and that pool in the backyard? You're RICH, too! So what's the point in hating on a brotha just because he has money? It makes you a H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E.

Why did she let him stay at the house again? They should have explained that better.

I adore this show. Mostly because of Sally Field and Calista Flockhart. Plus it's a dream of mine to see Cal playing a Republican. :wub:

• Members

This show just keeps getting better each week, imo.

I'm so glad Kitty finally dumped Jonathan. I loved the scene between her and her mother where they talked about all Kitty's boyfriends being similar to her father.

It's way too early for Nora to date anyone, but I hope she maintains a friendship with Treat Williams character (David?).

I relate well to Kevin, too, alwaysAMC, and I was thrilled that ABC let Kevin & Scotty kiss twice in one episode. I hope their relationship continues to develop. They're my favorite couple on this show.

I'm concerned about Justin giving the insulin shots, primarily because he might show up drunk or stoned to give one. I thought it was ironic that what most would consider his weakness, i.e. drugs, gave him knowledge about syringes that the rest of the family didn't have.

I think her point was that he was being pretentious by telling them about the food, which came from a poor country, because the people there have to eat it since they have no other choice.

Yes, she's also rich, but I get the feeling that she donates money to help the poor while he helps other rich people get richer.

• Members

This show always has a pivitol scene for each week. There is always one (or more) memorable scenes were the actors and actresses are just amazing in them.

The cast is all around amazing and I like pretty much all of the characters except that third brother the one that works along Sarah he does nothing for me and I don't care for him.

I have to say I'm loving the druggie more and more each eppie. I heart the actor he is soo adorable and sweet and I love his portrayal. When he just got in there and helped out his neice who didn't love him there? who was that masked man was right! :)

Kitty and her love triangle wore thin. I really can't take her with Jonathan nor her back and forth with he co-anchor on the show.

Sarah has really roped me in. I'm sympathetic to her in all of her troubles. The mother is alittle over bearing but I still like her didn't care for her scenes with her contractor.

Loving the Scotty and Kevin's romance too adorable.

• Members

I agree with you - at first he was the stereotypical "flaming queen" gay that had to try to get the straighter-acting gay to bring out his sexuality - whatever. He's brought the act down a little bit and doesn't seem so stereotypical - and has become easier to handle.

• Members

Go Nora!!! I knew we haven't seen the last of Treat Williams. I hope they shack up.lol I'm still pissed that Saul is still parading the skank around in Nora's face. Tommy is still bland, I just don't see the actor getting any better. :( Loved the Nora and Sarah scenes, espeically when Sarah said,"you rock mom." An that guy that tried to hit on Nora was a downgrade, glad she didn't reciprocate any of his advances. What was up with Justin's dates hair, it was a hot mess!

• Members

Loved tonight's episode. I like it when the entire family gets together.

I've been waiting for some major Sarah/Nora scenes, bc usually it is always Kitty/Nora....what great scenes they were! I loved the end, how Nora told Sarah just how much she means to her.

I like Justin's boss/new girlfriend to be. I think she'll be good for him.

Loved Kevin's stuff tonight - he learned something and I rooted for him at the end when the boss tried to fire Scotty.

FINALLY we get some story for the older brother Tommy. I felt bad for the guy. I like Julia, his wife - I just wish they would have given her a good introduction. I'm sure with the backstage mess in the beginning, it got scrapped somehow.

Archived