Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched this show the other night cause nothing else was on. I liked the Brother o.d.ing storyline. I like Sally Fields. But Calista Flockheart is terrible. The scene were she brokedown after 9/11 was just atrocious. I can fake cry better than her. :P

This show reminds me of Providence. :)

• Members

Absolutely agree Mulder!

Brothers and Sisters is the best ensemble drama in years. They better rack up on Golden Globe and SAG nominees next month.

It's so refreshing to seeing two NON-stereotypical gay men in a storyline, and the over 50 characters are allowed to have a love life.

Seeing Sally Field try to sneak back into the house like a teenager was priceless. :lol:

• Members

Not sure if this was posted but the often great poltiical playwright John Robin Baitz, who is co show runner and is THE creator of the show has an interesting blog

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700009576

on the show. Glad thye're gonna address how wealthy the family is

I admit I intially watched the show largely just cuz I liked Baitz film and theatre writing and I liked the cast, and while the first few eps were good but not great it was refreshing to have a relatable relationship based drama on tv that wasn't based around a gimmic (the way 6 Degrees for instance is). Of course it's also one of the few to deal fine with gay characters which is good since John Baitz is gay as is new co show runner Greg Berlanti (most famous here for Everwood but remember he wrote the damn soapy--a bit too cliched but decent gay romantic comedy Broken Hearts Club).

It's still not quite Herskovitz/Zwick brilliant (my fave tv writers of domestic drama with thirtysomething, So Called Life and Once and Again) but it's getting up there and I enjoy each ep more than the last

• Members

Agreed on both accounts.

Re Sarah it was kinda hypocritical (but realistic) that after all the stuff about accepting him into her family the reaction she had to Rebecca's existance was interesting...

And ya I'm not quite sure if the writers think we should sympathize with Scotty or what? Ya he comes from a very different background than the uber priviledged, but come on give the guy a break. Sheesh

• Members

As usual I watch the show just last night. And as already mentioned: Brilliance!

Globe and Emmy nominations for Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, writing and Best Drama are a MUST. This episode was fantastic. Calista showed that she's more than just Ally McBeal, Sally Field sneaky-act and her reaction to the army letter were fabulous and overall this episode really killed me.

As Eric said, B&S is not yet up to Once&Again standards but they come pretty close. The show started of rather mediocre and has improved every week so far. Now, I love it to pieces and it just pains me to realize what daytime soap operas could be like if they were braver or simply more intelligently written.

There is a new episode tonight but not next week? How shall we get through a whole week without the Walkers, ABC!?

• Members

Tonight's show was great - I didn't realize it was Part 2 of 2. Glad to see more flashbacks to understand the whole Army/Justin/Kitty/Nora thing. And more Tom Skerrit is nice.

I enjoyed Rob Lowe - wasn't sure if I would or not. Rob Lowe, Kitty, and Warren might just be the hottest threesome on TV right now! lol

LMAO at the Army guy and Kevin. Nice to see no Scotty and Kevin said he was his ex...so maybe that means no more Scotty ever? Hope so!

I love that all the business stuff is settled...they can move on to Rebecca and that mess.

• Members

Once again, I thought it was excellent!

I loved just about everything last night, especially how the flashbacks were entertwined with the present story.

The only weak part for me is Nora's flirtations with David. I still think she's moving too quickly after William's death.

It was great how Justin took responsibility for his own actions and told both Nora & Kitty to stop blaming each other.

The Warren/Kitty/Senator storyline should be fantastic if they play out the political differences along with their personal feelings for each other.

I'm so glad they wrapped up the missing money mystery so now we can move on to more of the family dynamics and with Kevin & Tommy now knowing about Rebecca, it seems inevitable for one of the siblings to seek her out. I can't wait for that to happen!

• Members

I'm so pissed. I was planning to watch the last four episodes on abc.com over Thanksgiving break....only to find out ABC.com doesn't have them online!

Anyone know a good site to get them? Besides bit torent stuff? I don't do that.

Archived