Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Members

But arent most gay guys like Scotty? I just feel their relationship is a typical gay one. One is way out there and there other guy is more laid back and totally not in your face. If that makes any sense..lol. I relate more to Kevin. Don't particulary like the Scotty type of guy. :lol:

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

haha - well I relate to Kevin as well...but I don't know - I know an equal amount of the Kevin type and the Scotty type. I think one might assume there are more 'Scotty's' out there bc they are more vocal about the whole gay thing as a whole...but there are plenty of laid back 'Kevin' types like you and me that I know...the older ones are now coming out through sex scandals...ha - but now that being gay is more acceptable, there are lots of 'Kevin' types in our generation.

• Members

Last night was the first time I watched it and I will definitely be tuning in again. And me as another who really wanted to see that Tcker Boothe fellow.

Just a general question to you regular viewers: How does last night's episode stack up against the others so far?

• Members

Awesome - glad you liked it. It is one of the best shows on TV right now - mainly bc of the casting and writing. The cast just makes you feel warm and they give their all.

I think last night's episode was average - it was good, but not the best. Sally Field is amazing, as is the woman playing Sarah - both which usually have Emmy-winning material each week, except last night they didn't have a chance to shine.

Last night didn't feature Saul (the uncle) or Holly (the mistress) or much of that storyline, so there will be other things next week that'll be different. This was more of a stand-alone episode, except the sterile brother storyline sorta picked up. The little brother is a drug addict, but his new girlfriend is helping him stay straight - and Tommy, the older brother, pretty much washed his hands of him....you've missed some amazing scenes with the little brother Justin in that storyline.

And there is Kevin and the gay relationship - which I applaud ABC for giving a gay relationship equal airtime. Kevin is really likeable.

• Members

Another good episode, imo.

I can't blame Kevin for not wanting to give his sperm to his brother. From a legal aspect, I would imagine it could get sticky if the brothers ended up having a conflict and the biological father wanted visitation rights. I think Kevin's reaction came equally from being a lawyer and being a gay man who was somewhat insulted.

I'm another gay man who is more like Kevin than Scotty! Living in a rural community, it would be nearly impossible to act that flamboyant on a daily basis (not that I would want to anyway).

It took me a while to warm up to Balthazar Getty's Tommy but I finally am starting to like his character.

I think Nora's kiss with David was way too soon after her husband's death. I hope the writers slow this relationship down considerably.

Archived