Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm sorry, did the Meredith Baxter character ever get put in her place? I watched the whole show and didn't see it happen! Come on producers, you better NOT think the passionate fans of this show aren't going to want that story thread dropped. SHE BETTER know that Nora has no eyes for her husband.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Tommy's story but I'm peeved that it got wrapped up into a nice little bow. I want drama and heartbreak, dammit!!!!

I'm over the sexual tension, teasing game between Kitty and her co-star. And every time I see that stupid intern I want her to die.

Now that Nora knows about Ojai going south things should get interesting!!!

LMAO at BathroomWoman's sordid mushroom selling story. :lol:

• Members

I like Holly and I like the actress who plays her.

But that girl had some nerve to walk up to Nora and Kitty and be all cutesie and hello like.

First I find out you were sleeping with my man...and now you are flaunting your stuff

in front of me, with my brother?!

O Hell No!

I would be on.

And now you have a kid with my man?

It's time for me to be a cutting ya right there baby. :lol:

Am I the only one who doesn't like Scotty?

I'm all about looks just like the next guy...but still. He doesn't do anything for me.

He's bland. My it's because he is so nice. :huh:

Plus he is a rip off of Emmett from QAF.

Been there, done that.

I'm glad Nora gave some love to Sarah.

It was getting to be all Kitty all the time there for a minute.

Was this the first show where Tommy's wife(?) was given a name?

So Tommy's junk is messed up huh?

So he is the oldest kid then? I'm still confused with the line up of them.

And don't you just love Nora's house?

I love the commercial shots of it where you can really see the outside of it.

Love it. I like it better than the Dynasty house.

Nora can NOT lose that house because of the money troubles!

I loved the mushroom lady...Everybody has there own sh*t to deal with.

• Members

I'm glad Tommy was finally developed alittle in this episode. Belthazar Getty is a good actor but I don't feel he meshes well with the rest of the family. But you could just see it in his eyes the pain he felt when he found out he was sterile. :(

This episode was okay not really the greatest.

• Members

I thought it was another solid episode.

I liked how most of it happened in one setting with the entire family interacting. The Kitty/Sarah scenes were fantastic.

Kevin/Scotty continue to be my favorite couple on this show.

I can't believe Warren brought the intern as his date! He must be trying to make Kitty jealous.

I was disappointed that Justin didn't seem tempted to drink. I expected the show to continue dealing with his drug problem, too.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I though Meredith Baxter was hilarious! I loved it when she compared Tommy to Nora then noticed they were doing it on her mink. :P

• Members

Meredith Baxter was hilarious. I am so addicted to this program. I just have to say that Sally Field still looks like Gidget to me, Osteoporosis and all - I've got a bit of it myself thank God for Boniva. I think she's going to get an Emmy nod as Nora, I hope so. Can you just see her accepting an Emmy and saying, "No, I'm not going to say, you like me, you really like me." Way to go, Sally, you make 60 look like the new 40. You go sister Bertrille. :)

• Members

More and more every week i love this show! I wish ABC would put these episodes online instead of some of the other shows!

I definately liked that we got to see into Tommy's head a little more this week and i like his wife! But still they should have done a little more with him being sterile!

I'm a fan of Holly, I think that they all are blaming the entire affair on her, when it takes two to have an affair! Yes for her to be around them is insulting but she legitimately loved Nora's husband, and its not like she drugged him and hopped on, he had to be into it as well! I guess i kinda feel bad for Holly!

Oh the intern thing was annoying but she was suppose to be so its all good. I did kinda like her giving Kevin advice on the whole paying thing!

• Members

I really can't get enough of this show. Although it occasionally verges on self-indulgence just as thirtysomething was accused of twenty years ago, it has such heart.

What's particularly interesting is that Sally Field and Patricia Wettig have incredibly elevated roles. They're great actresses despite committing the crime of having wrinkles. Why does ABC Primetime allow them to shine while ABC Daytime lets Julia Barr walk out the door in favour of semi-anorexic tweens?

But back to the episode. Tommy was finally humanised a little. I'm not entirely convinced I get who he is and found it a little jarring when Sarah referred to Nora "leaning on him." I've not sussed out much of a relationship between them at all.

The ball was hilarious, Kevin's relationship with Scotty is adorable and Sarah's scene with Nora brought tears to my eyes. My only complaint is that Justin's drug addiction seems to vaccilate in importance but there's plenty of time for it to play out.

• Members

Finally David and Nora kiss. I really want Treat Williams to be a regular on this show, since he got screwed over by the CW network. He has great chemistry with sally field. An I don't know why everyone was jumping on kevins case, they do realize that he would be giving up the rights to his own child, thats not an easy decision to make, and they made it seem like it was simple. I'm not sure about justin being the donor, I think theres gonna be another riff between justin/tommy. Sarah and her husband have very awkward chemistry and that love scene was even more awkward :blink: . I'm dissappointed that Warren lied to kitty about telling the intern about them. I wish they would start showing nora in more scenes with sarah, kitty/nora don't need to be sold more as mother and daughter(in the past couple of eppys they are starting to seem more like sisters than mother/daughter) that was already established since day one, but nora/sarah do.

• Members

What a great episode and I absolutely loved the "Brotherly Bond" theme of tonights episode. And more character development for Justin. It was a great episode and I loved it how they all ened up together for one last time at the ranch. The situations were hilarious. I love this show and love it more and more every episode!

• Members

Another great episode...can't wait to find out who Rachel is...if they decide to bring her on. Another great twist.

Loved the brother stuff tonight - although Scotty annoyed me tonight. I like him ok one week and then get annoyed with him the next. I loved Kevin's line about "Please quit tracing all my feelings to being gay." - or whatever...that's a big problem I have with the 'Scotty' type of gay guys.

Anyway - love this show!

Archived