Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, my fave alias director is the executive producer/director of this episode, heck he even put his wife in this episode(she was the other supposed woman). Everytime an actor came on I knew them from some other tv show. Calista/Sally(who I love) rocked this eppy. I actually knew someone was gonna die, I knew it was either the mom or dad because both actors were barely in the original promos, but then they started putting sally alot more in the promos.lol I hope this show goes well. I don't think they should of gave her so many brothers though. Baltzaar Getty should of been either calista or rachael nichols love interest instead of their brother he has great chemistry with both.

• Members

From what I gathered - Kitty, her father, and the brother that everyone can't remember (the only other brother who works at the family business) are all Conservative. The mother, sister who works for the business, and gay brother are all liberal. They never said what the high, younger war vet brother is - but I think it might be safe to say he doesn't care or is liberal - bc he wasn't happy with having to be overseas fighting.

Anyway - this show IS called BROTHERS AND SISTERS...lol - I mean I don't think 3 brothers and 2 sisters is too much for a show called BROTHERS AND SISTERS! ;)

• Members

I agree, it's not too much, but 'that other brother that everyone can't remember' NEEDS to be developed. And FAST. I'm invested in Calista, the mom and the Rachel Griffiths character and the shady business dealings storyline (to an extent), but I can't get behind that brother with NO storyline. I'm opposed to the vet's sleeping around but still invested in his trials and Sally Field, well, DUH, of course I'm invested in her. Can't WAIT to see Kitty on the job!

• Members

^^LoL - well it was only the first episode...you have to give a show some time to develop characters. They didn't develop the gay brother either....but I guess since he's gay then he automatically is somewhat developed and you're invested? No.

Did anyone else for a split second think of Erica Kane when Kitty went to the TV station and they revealed that "Red Hot" poster board of Kitty??? haha - it screamed Erica Kane to me.

• Members

I would watch Sally Field read the damn phone book. She rocks it.

What confused me about the brother we can't remember is that I think he is married ... why not develop that?

I wasn't shocked by the death of the dad. I knew he'd be dead because I read spoilers but I had no idea HOW he died and so that's why it was shocking to me. I was actually in tears... I haven't had emotion like that for a show in YEARS.

• Members

I loved the show too. I thought all the emotions were very real and true. It's like you were watching a family interact but it's scripted.

My mom and I are the libs in our house and my sis and brother are more towards the right. You should hear the arguments we get into.

It was sad when the dad died.

• Members

I don't usually watch primetime but with Rachel Griffiths a great actress imo being part of the cast I had to check it out. I also like Sally Fields and Calista Flockheart and others in the cast.

I enjoyed every bit of it. I have six brothers and one sister so I felt this family was true to form. I also think this show will attrack viewers young and old. I thought that it was intelligent and I will continue to watch. Thumbs Up!

• Members

I think that its great to see Calista act in a completely different show. Ally McBeal, which i honestly have only seen maybe four or five times, seemed about comedy, and Brothers & Sisters is a polar opposite. I mean there was some humor, but it got to the core of a real family. In my family, my grandfather, uncle and my aunt (my uncle's wife) are all republicans and then me, my cousin, my father, my other uncle, his wife and my grandmother are all either democratic or have liberal views. So i related to the material very much.

Out of all of the characters I would have to say that i was suprised that Calista's was the big conservative of the family, i think thats a nice twist, because when i see her i don't think republican, which just proves that republicans and democrats come in many different ways.

• Members

The first 45 minutes was pretty boring...But i knew the dad was going to die, so i tuned in to the end..I really liked the mom's compliment to Kitty, and the end was an excellent cliffhanger..I'll probably tune in again..

oh and i think the young/druggie brother is a hottie..

• Members

Brothers and Sisters did much better in the ratings than Six Degrees, in comparison to losing ratings from their lead in..

I think ABC has another hit on their hands..

What i find interesting is that in the 18-49 demo..ABC got 1st, NBC got 2nd, FOX 3rd, and CBS got 4th..thats not very good for cbs..

Archived