• Members

Great posts Roman and RBSoapsfan-you said it all :) .

It is best to just wait and see what Hogan does with him and it is also wise to see how the changes with the cast and writing affect the show. Only after a good amount of time (like 6 months) can you determine if this is failure or if the changes hurt the show.

As for Steve's death, they could always do something like I did in my blog and have Lawrence give Steve over to Stefano or Stefano could just be involved-it doesn't mean he was behind it. Like I said, wait and see and then judge is the way to go.

Let's also remember that when you have a new character it is always good to tie him/her to someone on the canvas and, if EJ is a Dimera, what better then tying him to Stefano? Those that don't like him will begin to invest and care for him if they don't already.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if ej is a dimera who is he? benji-benji left to live with his grandfather...not stephano

Elvis...well kiss the chance of Kristen returning and it makes no sense...Susan and Edmond would never let Stephano have him...who could he be???

maybe he's Andres son or Tony's son? who is his mother? Anna? Vivian?

• Members

I agree with the sentiments of some of the others here. I lost my favorite character, Jack, but I firmly believe he will be back. Even if he isn't, I won't be holding that against Joe, the character of Stefano, or Hogan. They had to make cuts, and so far they all make sense to me.

This show was in dire straits, and it seems to me that they are really, seriously, FINALLY trying to get things going again. I'd much, much rather see the likes of Joe Mascolo on my screen than someone cheaper--we've suffered through that for years. So now we get the cream of the crop and unfortunately a few people are cut. I'm completely fine with it. Joe is one of the finest actors out there, and there are still endless possibilities for Stefano. I'm VERY excited about the direction of the show!!

• Members

Don't forget, too... I have a sneaking suspicion if Thaao is re-hired, it will be Andre who was behind all of this stuff of the last few years. I know they want to bring back the Tony of old, the one that worked magic with Leann Hunley and Philece Sampler back in the 1980s.

Count me as excited about returns like this. It sucks to lose actors... I really think a lot of the stuff Reilly created should have been purged instead... but if it advances the story forward and does it in a great way, then it works for me.

Just make sure the first line uttered by Stefano is "aaahhhh... it's good to be back" and we'll be fine.

• Members

I bet Thaao Penghlis(Tony) will return. I also have a feeling the rumors of Heather Lindell (Jan) returning as a DiMera may just be true. I think it would be great that Jan would be the daughter of Tony and Renée Dumonde, and have Renée to not be dead, bringing back Philece Sampler.

As far as the Hortons that will return. I bet it will be either Sarah Horton or Melissa, probably Sarah because the character was never really developed ever and could be like a whole new character under Hogan. DAYS has said in previews that Mickey will be returning, so there's another Horton. I bet Mike could also make a comeback and I do like the idea of Mike and Billie. Maybe Roark Critchlow would return as Mike. But I've got a feeling all 3 roles will be re-cast.

• Members

YAHOO!!!!! I love this news!!! Joe may have only been gone a few years but that is way too long, so glad he is back!

Also I hope that if Thaao returns as Tony, they make him Andre (like Andre better anyway), because the character of Tony has been RUINED by Reily the past few years, JER tried to make him the new Stefano but it just did not work, it would also make more sense for him to be Andre instead of Tony, then if Lindell returns, Jan becomes either Tony or Andre's daughter.

• Members

It'd be very disappointing if the show ignored Lawrence's part in Steve's disappearance. But since the show's been so good on historical references lately, that doesn't seem likely to happen. At least to me.

Also, Lawrence's brother is one of Stefano's favorite playthings. The DiMera Alamain connection is already there, just ripe for explaining. It could be a great story, if they decide to delve into it. Or did past writers (namely JER) already cover that territory?

Anyhow, I originally didn't plan on watching past Matt's last airdate, but, the news of Stefano's return has me intrigued. One of my earliest Days memories involves a location shoot scene with Phoenix music playing in the background. :)

And as for ATWT James, I don't remember if he was on the part of Hogan's run that I watched (when the character of Jake was on), but, Hogan had to follow in the footsteps of Marland, in regards to some of the classic James storylines. That would be a pretty tough act to follow.

Plus, part of it has to do with the actor. When GL fired Grant Aleksander, they wrote off the character of Phillip as a nutso cartoon villain. However, for the video will, according to an interview, Grant wanted the character to be the same character that the viewers had invested all those years in. TPTB allowed it. It didn't mesh with the mess DK had written, what with Phillip being 'sane' in the video will, after having been 'loony' and cartoony for so long. But, it was a nice little gift from the actor to the fans of the character.

So, part of it will depend on Joe himself, and how he views the character. Though, admittedly, I don't know if Hogan listens to the actors at all, like Marland did. A wise writer will. Especially, since some of the best soap writers, were/are also actors.

Regardless, Jack and Jenn have returned to classic form, after having been written terribly for so long, so maybe they'll do that with Stefano as well.

• Members

Sacrificing Matt Ashford, Billy Warlock, Christie Clark, Austin Peck etc for Joe Mascolo: plain dumb, IMHO!

Not the best way to win over disaffected Jack/Jennifer fans in particular.

And I tentatively had hopes Sheffer wasn't going to resurrect the Dimeras for the 400th time. :rolleyes:

I don't begrudge Joe Mascolo getting a job at DAYS, and heaven knows he was screwed around by B&B, but Stefano the character is a total bore, at least for me.

This smells more like another of Corday's hairbrained ideas. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hogan Sheffer will win me over only when he brings back Matt Ashford, otherwise I won't be a DAYS viewer after September 21.

• Members

Then I think you will be missing some good soap. I'm disappointed that Corday couldn't see Jack and Matt's potential outside of Melissa Reeves, but I think it's ridiculous and narrow-minded just to watch just for one character. Also, Austin and Christie's return was severely botched by JER and while they are very likeable actors and a good couple, I don't feel they are the end all and be all of this show. And that's MY humble opinion.

Archived