• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is ridiculous! If you don't like Stefano coming back then boo [!@#$%^&*] hoo. To quit watching a soap because of one character returning is almost incomprehensible to me. Each soap has at least 20 characters(except maybe B&B), plus there isnt one character who makes a show, except maybe a select few. Its not like DAYS is losing someone, they are gaining one of the most popular charcaters in daytime history. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I am giving mine. I think some are blowing this way out of porportion, like its the worst thing a soap has ever done. Give me a break. I know I will be enjoying the show, too bad others will miss out on it.

I will be glad to keep discussing this.....

• Members

Steve and Evan-I am sorry you feel attacked. That was not my intention but like so many have said if you are going to keep announcing your intention then you have to take the heat. I am sorry to see anyone quit watching but I have a right to bring this up as I feel this is one of the things bringing ratings down. People coming and going as a character comes and goes I just think is ridiculous. That is why I got in this debate and why others have to. It is not an attack-it is just a heated debate and I would never attack someone as I have been on the recieving end of attacks as well. I am passionate about my show but I would say this about any show because I just think that reasoning is ridiculous. Quitting because a show is bad is one thing but because someone is returning or leaving or whatever-I just don't see it and I really think that is one problem with soap fans today. I don't remember this being an issue 5 or more years ago. Good writing and a quality show brought the fans in but now I am not even so sure given the fact that people are so easy to leave based on a return or exit.

Again I apologize if I sound harsh but as I said this is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine and I know it botehrs many too. I hope you do at least pop into Days threads Steve and I hope you don't quit watching for good and at least sample the show from time to time. Same for you Evan. I am not sure Steve if I am one of those Days fans that soured you but if I am I apologize. This is just my opinion like you have yours and I know this is a heated debate but it is not an attack and I hope you realize that :) .

• Members

Everyone that's leaving because Jack/Jennifer are leaving, or Stefano is returning, I say GOOD RIDANCE! DAYS has been more talked about than it's been in the past several years and Hogan's episodes have yet to even air. I think DAYS has several new fans and more than enough loyal current fans that the show can handle a few dropped fans that choose not to watch. I don't think it will hurt the show. I only see success in this show's future.

• Members

Okay, here is my opinion or whatever:

People you need to just all chill, others can quit if they like, some can rejoice, some can just be disgusted about the return, they are entitled to an opinion.

I doubt Stefano's return will be permanant, it sounds like he will only return for a breif stint to as Ponz said, tie up loose ends. And if it is permanant, it will probabaly be like he just pops up every now and then, like in the ninties.

Oh yes and IMO quitting watching a soap over one character is crazy, I have been watching Days for 40 and a half years now so I saw PLENTY of my favorite characters over the years leave, but I stuck with the soap through thick and thin and I always will.

But then again, viewiers can do what they want.

Archived