• Members

Phoenix, I am not asking anyone to understand my reasoning. I have explained my reasons fully. I am sorry that you don't understand, but it will not change my decision.

And as I said before it is what the character represents, and Jean there is no point in giving Sheffer a chance to write the character different. Whether he is written different or not, the "cartoon" and "comic book" years cannot be erase. They are there. And as long as he is part of the show it is a constant reminder. The man has been killed more times than any other character in the history of soaps and he still keeps coming back. He has been killed 2 times in the last 5 years or so. First by Brash and Cwickley and then by JER. He should just stay dead, and I still hold that Hogan is making a big mistake by starting out his tenure resurrecting him.

As I said I don't expect anyone to understand at all. And Roman if your comment was directed toward me, I don't remember me saying you weren't a fan for quitting when the writing was bad. If I did I apologize. I do remember getting into the conversation about the ones who came back or quit just over certain couples. I don't even remember saying they weren't true fans - I just said they were not fans of the show as a whole, only the couple. I have said countless times that I never held to any believe that anyone wasn't a fan. If I left that impression with you I am sorry.

I will tell you now that I am no longer a fan of the show. This decision has soured me on the show just as much as Megan McTavish undoing Erica's abortion. I rank it right up there. It is a stupid move. That move caused me to no longer be a fan of AMC, and this one will forever tarnish my thoughts on both Days of Our Lives and Hogan Sheffer as a writer. I just felt he was better than that. He is doing the same thing that every other writer has done, and I felt he would be more original. I agree with the other poster who stated that Cwickley and Brash wrote a wonderful story for Stefano's death. That story should have ended it.

I hope that all of you get what you want out of the story. I will have fond memories of Days but yes I am through. Case closed for the discussion too for me.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I heard the show was going to go back to 'normal'. Then who is the first person they hire?...

An actor that has been killed off 139 times.

Stupid and lame. Not another return from the dead. Good grief!

Steffy should be beyond worm food by now.

So no one ever dies in Salem except day players and ugly babies? What-ever!

Now am I excited that he is coming back?

Damn straight! lol

He has been gone way too long.

I was so pissed off when B&B had Joe over there.

Glad those !@#$%^&*]es let him get away so he could return home.

I think EJ will be the perfect son for him. If that's how it will go down.

So I hope the island mummy was just another prop of stupid Tony's.

Now if that was who was coming back I would soooo not watch the show.

Tony The Terrible. Ugh!

I hope Stefano has just been underground all this time...planing his next move.

I just don't want some dumb ass explanation as to how he survived being a mummy.

His return put aside...

I would not want to miss out on the NEW Days.

Those Emmy's on Hogan's shelves look very pretty.

I want to see him get some new ones.

I am almost laughing over the fact that someone would not watch because Jack is leaving.

Um...I think the real jack left years ago when he was a big fat liar in heels.

Personality wise he only came back like last week...And he still doesn't act like a grown man.

Jack is still a buffoon. Wacky and cutesy can only go so far.

Jack needs to be put on the shelf for awhile.

Out of site and out of mind. Maybe then I could love Jack again.

Everyone is entitled to quit watching the show whenever they want.

I just don't think a grand annoucement needs to be made.

Who really gives a left butt cheek if you turn the show off?

You got to do what you got to do ya know.

Just like I will do what I have to do...watch Days of Our Lives at 1:00.

• Members

I think the show defenders need to cool it; there are two camps, those who think this is a smart move and those who don't. I don't. I doubt I'll quit, but I am not happy to see this happening. I love and miss Joe, but Stefano, IMO, is overplayed. The phoenix shall always rise; but it doesn't always have to be Stefano.

• Members

Nobody is telling anybody to keep watching if they are unhappy about the changes and Stefano possibly returning. Remember, this isn't set in stone, nothing has been confirmed. I'm apprehensive about Stefano if he comes back, but I'm not going to make some big dramatic scene and say "THAT'S IT, I'M DONE!" You don't need to announce that you're quitting, just do it!

But to quit a show just for one or a few characters, or someone returning, especially when the show has majorly improved, is frankly, dumb. Is that harsh? Maybe to some of you, but this is how I feel. If you can keep telling us you're done, I can keep saying my peace.

• Members

Thanks Keith. I will say when I disagreed about the direction that AMC was going in, I thought I was treated bad by a certain set of fans of that show. And the experience that I faced with those fans altered my perception of the show even ever going back. Besides not liking the direction of the show, I now remember those fans and the things they said when I quit watching and spoke out about the direction the show was taking.

Well I will say I never dreamed that Days fans could be so ugly too. I will say this that even though some in here have been upset about the things I have said, that none of them have e-mailed me or IM's me. But I have gotten some that were just as bad as the ones I got when I spoke out about AMC. I have learned that Days fans who I unfortunately used to put on a pedestal I guess because our show was always attacked have really surprised me and not just with these attacks either. There are other things I will not even go into at this point.

I know fans love their show, but everyone is not going to agree with all the directions the show is taking. While many of you like this one, there are others that don't. I may be wrong, and you may be wrong. We will all have to see. Whether the show goes onto great ratings with this, I will always feel it was a bad decision and I am entitled to that.

As I said in another post, I felt that undoing Erica Kane's abortion was a very bad decision for Megan McTavish and AMC, and right up there with it now I feel that reviviving Stefano for the 30th or 40th time is a big mistake for Hogan to make and is a big mistake for Days.

Once again thanks Keith. I appreciate your comments so much.

Evan I hope that Matthew Ashford does get rehired at some point, and you can return. I know how much you love him. I for one won't be back.

• Members

Can we just stop this?

You're saying that Stefano returning will be a kick in the teeth, right? And you said that you can't forget what has happened in the PAST with this character. Can we please stop referring to the past? It's the present now and we don't even know what kind of stories Hogan will write for Stefano. Jumping to conclusions won't solve anything. Stefano's return hasn't even been made official yet.

And in a previous post by Phoenix and others, I agree that someone shouldn't just watch the show for ONE couple or only ONE character. IMO, that is ludicrous.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to stop watching, because you do. I'm just pointing out that one should not watch the show because of ONE character or couple. How can you stand to watch the rest of the show if you only like that one character? I don't get it.

I don't mean to come off strong, but that is MY opinion. I respect whatever your choices will be regarding watching DAYS.

I just needed to add my 2 cents.

• Members

Um... How does Erica Kane's un-abortion be "right up there" with the return of Stefano?

Hogan said he wanted to go the realistic route, but not too realistic. He only said he didn't want any more brain chips and demonic possessions. Bringing someone back from the dead has happened THOUSANDS of times on at least every soap.

And "the Phoenix will rise again..." What do you think that means? Don't tell me you didn't see this day coming.

Sorry for being "harsh," but that is purely my own opinion. I can't change yours just like you can't mine. We are all entitled to our own opinions. No hard feelings, Steve and Keith. ;)

• Members

I just like Stefano and have no good reason to defend him besides the actor has charisma and he was a huge part of Days throughout time. Fortunately, I wasn't watching the terrible writing episodes, so they don't mar my memories.

What nearly ruined me in investing in soaps or similar type shows was Bobby coming out of the shower and we learned the whole last season of Dallas was a dream of Pam's. Now, that was dirty polo and I hated it. I may even have stopped watching, don't remember. How can you trust a show that twists your emotions and then say, but all that was nothing but a dream.

• Members

As I said before, Steve, myself and anyone else is entitled to stop watching DAYS, for whatever reason.

Unless I misunderstood, this is still a democracy! :rolleyes:

I really don't care about being attacked on this board for being a Matt Ashford fan.

However, the attacks on Steve has been very unfair! He is allowed to have a view contrary to the supposed mainstream here about the relative merits or otherwise of bringing back the character of Stefano.

I'm all for fans being passionate about their favorite TV shows, but you've got to remember that alternative views should be tolerated too.

Steve: you've got my support! B)

• Members

Thanks Evan.

And Bree, Victor, or whoever. You don't have to worry I won't be posting in the Days threads anymore. I was not announcing my departure from the show for anyone on the board. I was voicing my opinion about this decision by Days. I read on this board in many places that some of TPTB read these boards. I did write Corday, but if Hogan or whoever reads this board, I want them to see that not everyone is in favor of this. That is the only point I was trying to make.

So as I said I will not be bothering the Days threads again. Have fun and enjoy.

Archived