• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was sure hoping that Hogan was not going to go that route. I don't know why Days can't do something original. Everytime we have a new writer come on they have to go back and bring back either Stefano or Tony. The story has been done. I was sure hoping that it would be the next generation and that EJ would have turned out to be a DiMera and running the organization.

I'll wait and see what Hogan is going to do with Stefano before I give up, but this is very disappointing news. I can't believe we have to lose people like Christie Clark and Matthew Ashford to bring back Mascolo. And that is what it is. Because one or the other of them made it possible for them to bring him back.

The best hope for me is if it is a short return like James Stenbeck was on ATWT during Hogan's run.

• Members

Mascolo is JUST as important to DAYS history as Christie Clark and Matthew Ashford IMO. I look at Joe as one of DAYS veterans actors and when we lost him a few years ago I felt like we were losing a VERY good long-time veteran.

Mascolo is one of the best male actors in daytime IMO and I am so happy that DAYS is once again bringing him back HOME.

Stefano may not be liked, well at least JER/SSM/Langan's version of Stefano, but I think Hogan will do a bang up job of restoring the DiMera family and writing Stefano as a villain and not as a cartoon, because in my eyes the DiMera's are definetly the 3rd family of DAYS OF OUR LIVES (after the Hortons & Bradys) and am glad DAYS is realizing that!

• Members

Mitch, I agree with you that he is just as important to the past as they are, but just as some feel that the Austin/Carrie story etc was just a redo or already told, that is the way I feel about Stefano. The DiMera's have just been ruined by the last few regimes and I do not want them back for awhile. We need to be free of Stefano and Tony for awhile.

I was looking forward to a new chapter in Days history, keeping some of the vets but moving forward. EJ was a good promise of a new villian and new stories. With Stefano returning it is just going to be a retelling of things, or Hogan's take on the same type of stories.

The only good that could come out of it is if we finally learn what was the root of the Brady-DiMera feud.

I'm sorry I just don't see this as great of news as everyone else. I just saw so much promise in Hogan's plans for the show. I just don't see firing vets and then bring back another high priced vet to the show. Not when they have other opportunities they could have gone with EJ.

• Members

EJ is simply just NOT enough to support the villain role on this show...while I do see promise in EJ and I am sure DAYS will still go the villain route with him, he and Patrick being villains is just not enough for me.

Stefano is the ultimate villain of daytime, and I am sure Hogan can make Stefano work this time around.

And this is coming from a DEVOUT Christie Clark and Matt Ashford fan, trust me I feel your pain on their firings, I REALLY do and if I could reverse them I would in a heartbeat....I guess the bottom line is we can blame Reilly for all of this mess now because had he wrote something that was actually good and kept the ratings at least at a good place, perhaps DAYS would not be in the financial situation they are now in. Same can be said for Corday, had he gotten rid of Reilly sooner rather than later, perhaps DAYS would have been able to hold on to Peck/Clark and Ashford. Who knows...I am still hopeful that they will someday come back to Salem.

To add....I think had Melissa Reeves stayed with the show I TRULY believe that Ashford would have been kept. I am not saying it was an acceptable reason to fire him (and I am sure it kinda made Reeves feel EVEN worse about leaving the show), but I can understand why it made him an easier target for the chopping block, despite the MULTIPLE avenues Jack could have gone now with Steve back in town.

• Members

To be honest, I think DAYS should be moving forward instead of relying on it's past for ratings. Sure, there should be some DiMeras, but look at what they've done with the newest James Bond film, it's grittier and less opulent...that is what should be going on with DAYS revitalizing the DiMera family.

That's why I wanted DAYS to bring in newer DiMeras, perhaps Kristen could return but I think the likes of Stefano and Tony should be forever remembered as DAYS greatest villains instead of coming back and being shadows of their former selves.

It would be better if there were new DiMeras, like making EJ one, who arent as over the top, no secret rooms or islands or unlimited resources.

Archived