The Official "Thank God For SON/I Love SON" Thread

KevC1980

• Members

Right. Not just fans of one character or couple, but fans of the entire show.

Of course, we all have our favorites. But in general, we're fans of the entire shows and the soap opera genre in general. So we see things more clearly than the average soap viewer. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, I took a layoff from work recently, so I've had plenty of to read the boards and get caught up. For the first time in a long time, I feel very connected with my SON family again. And I'm lovin' it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

""J&M FANS ONLY! (BASHERS STAY OUT!), ANTI-BOPE FANS ONLY (PRO-BOPE NOT ALLOWED!), ANTI-MARLENA THREAD (KATE FANS STAY OUT!).""

:lol: :lol:

I would laugh and call these guys LOSERS but then I remember in the days of Classic Passions, when I was one of those pro-Theresa fans who TORE INTO IT with the "Theresa is a Psycho" camp. (They even had a whole Web site devoted to TIAP...it was hilarious).

Hopefully it's an age thing. They're mostly 13-year-olds, right? I can't imagine many 20 and 30-year-olds getting in anti-Bope/Marlena/Kate arguments and divisions.

• Members

Kenny as one of the guys from SONARC/Channa days I have come to just enjoy most of your posts. That may sound kinda silly, but me and my sis always laugh at some of your sayings. And to this day we both use the word orgasmic because of you. The board is not the same when you aren't around, so I am glad you weren't banned for life. When were the days of SONARC anyway, I know I was in high school and read the board using cheap ass webtv. That had to have been in the 90's or at the earliest 2000. Time sure does fly by....

I only visit 2 soap boards and one of them is just deader than Michael Jackson's nose, so I rarely go there anymore. The reason I like SON so much is because I honestly feel like I know some of you all even though none of us have met in real life. Another huge reason SON is different was explained by Kenny above.

And while there has been a few more arguments than usual I still find this board the best soap site on the web to discuss soaps and everything else that goes on in the real world.

• Members

Awww, I rarely say orgasmic anymore! But here, I'll say it just for you.

Peter Reckell is orgaaaaaassmicccc. :P Happy?

I really feel like a celebrity now, LoL. Amazing to me that people would remember shupit sh!t I said years ago and still remember me for it, even though we've never met in person. Hell, I've never even met your sit on the net! LoL

SONARC was from 2000 - 2001. SONARC shut down in 2001 after that whole fun fiasco, and Alyssa/Toups decided to open SON shortly after 9/11.

And LMFAO @ "deader than Michael Jackson's nose!"

• Members

Kenny, my sis only read a few of your posts, but I didn't want her hooked and then learn that I would like some of Drake's meat! :lol:

I wonder what Channa is up to these days, telling others her kids were ran over maybe.

• Members

In light of recent accusations that fans here will attack you if you post anything negative about a show, this is a very refreshing and realistic take on life here at SON. I couldn't survive at other boards ... I'd go postal on some quacked shipper very quickly.

• Members

Yeah, SON is practically one of the two to three soap boards I still go to regularly. Of course, there's the occasional dumbass who think it's a good idea to start a fight but overall, I think the posters and discussions here are far more objective than most boards out there.

I just have to put one pet peeve out there...I simply hate it when posters seem to have all the time in the world since they never fail to put an actor, character, fanbase (musician, public figure, etc.) down. I mean, I bash actors/characters sometimes but there's something called extremity. And when someone does it, they just end up looking like biased idiots who just refuse to give credit when it's due.

• Members

I got banned from a soap message board just because I asked the guy that does the ATWT previews how come DAYS previews were so in-depth and ATWT wasn't. Nothing was said then, but about 4 or 5 months later, I get this msg. that I had been restricted to viewing the site 5 times a day! THEN...wehn I posted a thread in the help section asking why, I was confronted by about 3 different mod.'s and then banned. And I think you all know what board I'm talkin' about....

Archived