The Official "Thank God For SON/I Love SON" Thread

KevC1980

• Members

The board shall remain nameless but the people over there post ATWT/GL spoilers, mag scans, etc. but the thing is...you need to be a member to view them. It's kind of ridiculous 'cause they post the links on other boards even though people on those other boards don't necessarily want to join that board. I became a member anyway because I wanted to see the occasional spoiler/mag scan. At first, you could see them without posting. A few months ago, though, I discovered you had to make at least one post on the thread to see whatever it was you wanted to see...which is just retarded. So unsurprisingly enough, tons of people (including me) just posted a simple "Thank You"...I mean...what else could you say?? The next time I went to see a mag scan, it said I was banned. No explanation or anything.

I can understand why boards would wanna kick off people who don't post regularly but then again , they shouldn't be posting links of their boards to other boards shouting, "Hey, we have spoilers!" <_< It just annoys me how they seem to have this claim over information that's not really theirs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know about the rest, but I agree with the first two lines. I was there and saw all that drama but it wasn't just that board that I saw Kenny way back when...gosh, it must have been, well, it had to be somewhere around August 1999. So long ago! Yeah, his posts are always entertaining. Currently, I'm enjoying the Kristen posts. He's SO energetic and hopeful for it that even if you hated Eileen and didn't want her on "Days," you would change your position just so he could have her back on the show.

• Members

I think it's because you have a way with words. Every now and again I'll remember something you said, too. Right now, I remember sipping on coke and munching on chips while checking the boards (this was about two years ago), when I came upon your post where you bashed the special effects at the end of "Days of Our Lives" and the way you described it--how Drake had stars shooting out of his head and how they were spinning and sparkling...gosh, it nearly made me choke to death. The over-the-top nature of that message underscored the need for "Days" to get rid of the effects, since they had elicited such a response.

• Members

LoL! I remember that post. Freeze-frame on Drake's face as the background turns shiny gold, his eyes suddenly glow bright white... twinkling stars fall on his face like snow and shimmer on his cheeks as pretty little chirping bluebirds fly across the screen... something like that. I swear to God, it's been that bad before.

And to think, all this time later, the show still hasn't gotten the hint.

• Members

It wasn't just that board you saw me on all those years ago? Where else did you see me? I've posted many places. AOL boards, Coffeerooms boards... several boards, LoL.

Meanwhile, if I were you, I'd want Eileen back just to make me happy, too. I'd cut off a small limb to make it happen. Who needs ten toes?! I can live with eight.

Seriously though, stop it with all the compliments, guys. I'm not worthy!

• Members

i still can't remember how i found this place but when i did i left another so fast it would make your head spin. LOL. I love it here and there's no way i'd leave. Even if i ended up hating soaps somewhere in my life, which i hope to god never ever happens, i would still probably make me come here because of the friends i've made here

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Another reason I'm thankful for SON: This Load of Crap

It's a thread on the NBC Days board, discussing whether or not the show should introduce a gay character.

Here's a few excerpts:

"no gay people that would ruin it!!"

"If Days EVER features a gay couple, my days of watching it are over, after these many years. The gay agenda is to infiltrate every area of life so it's not too surprising that they have converged to spread their views on this message board like so many others online. I hope the producers of days don't fall for this brazen attempt to ruin a good show."

Again...

Thank God for SON!

• Members

oh, man...where is Adam..this thread was made for us two.

I keep remembering when I had my reservations to come here, and I thought I'd be shunned when I first came here, but this...wow.....pretty funny kick-ass people here, so I have to give huge thanks for the person who asked me to join time and time again. I love this board!

• Members

I love this place. It is one of the only boards out there that have stability and level-headed people. Other places are too censored. They believe just because they are privately owned, they can strip people of their natural born rights and make up stupid rules about quoting (I mean honestly, who gives a rats ass about quoting) and then there are the fanb*tches who like to go to these certain boards and just spew their nausating love for their couple and hatred towards anyone that dares disagree with them and they'll even go as far as to use *my* sn at other boards to spew their hatred against certain characters/actors/actresses. Okay, so that may have been a little personal there, lol but anyway, this place is great. We may not always get along but it is a pleasant place to post. You guys are all awesome!

• Members

I am an SON Whore, and proud of it. :D This is the only other board besides my own that I've ever felt welcome. In other places, my banner, my avatar, and my Erica love have made me public enemy number 1. LMAO, I no joke, got banned from another board 10 times. The last time it was because I said something negative about a couple that was "adored" on that board, and that fanbase had the moderators in their back pockets.

This place is amazing. I can fly my banner. Share my David/Erica, and Erica love, and no one seems to care. :D I love this place.

• Members

WOW - that is just sad how some boards treat others...as if they can't have their own opinion on something without getting BANNED? Pathetic.

I don't really go to any other boards, but that just makes me love SON even more!!! :)

And how can there be SO many Erica haters? Those people are just ridiculous :P:P

Archived