The Official "Thank God For SON/I Love SON" Thread

KevC1980

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to post over at SC before they got rid of the non-Sony soap forums. And oh man, was that place awful (compared to SON anyway.) The B&B forum was the worst b/c the board was split between Brooke lovers and haters, and people would just be nasty!! The only good place was the GL board which, surprisingly, was very active (though it was plagued often by fan[!@#$%^&*]es unfortunately.)

I was surprised at how nice the people at SON seem to be. Once in a while there will be problems, but overall I think the posters have more respect for one another and for their soaps. I've seen people come here who were obviously only trying to start fights about couples and characters on soaps, and they just don't last long here.

This is also the first place where I've actually found ATWT fans who agree w/ me on certain specific things: that definitely did not happen at SC. If you didn't agree w/ the crowd, they'd bash you. And even if people don't agree, at least here they seem to respect one another's opinions. There's another certain ATWT board that IMO is just awful. I know a lot of people from here post there frequently too, but to me, once you go to SON, I could never imagine ever wanting to post over there again.

That happened to me over at SC. I got banned once (eventually they let me back in) b/c I didn't agree w/ a certain fanbase, and then they started attacking me and I just tried to defend myself. It was so bad. :(

Archived