Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sara Bibel is one of those people I think got way too much play from the blogosphere starting a few years ago for being a minor, accessible soap writer, but at a quick glance this article seems spot-on to me. Particularly the passages about CBS/Sony not being run like the covert spy agency from Scandal, and the fact that soap fans (and press) now think they are BFF with soap personnel thanks to social media. Looking at you.

• Members

I am not a Bibel fan, but I agree that she is on point here. My only disagreement is that I don't think that social media is to blame for the rabid MM fans. Rather I think these people have psychological issues that cause them to create delusional relationships with strangers that they do not know personally.

• Members

I've seen some appallingly bad fan 'campaigns' on behalf of actors or characters that were just a complete waste of time and/or money. The reality is that most fans aren't advertising or PR people, and they don't have the slightest idea what to do or what would be best or even effective - they just want to do SOMETHING. wacko.png

• Members

What a waste of time and money! These same people who campaigned for the donations for this are the same ones who decried TPTB for firing MM right before Christmas and he has young chilren to support and he's out of work. If they are so concerned for his financial well being because he's unemployed, why didn't they just give the donated money to him so he could feed his family? That would have been a muchmuch better use of the money instead of the total waste of time with the banner. I can just hear JFP, Angelica, Steve Kent, and even Les Moonves laughing at this.

• Members

All salient points made in this article.

The one TV show that I worked on (which has long been cancelled), many people behind the scenes used to mock viewers who used to contact the show complaining. Most of the TV people who've worked there for years and years have developed something of a thick skin and a few are downright coarse and indifferent. I'm thinking that many at CBS studios considered that plane flyover a moment of hilarity, breaking up the monotony of their day.

Archived