Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

Several questions:

What does this have to do with the fact that MM was fired for being a dirty, grimy, chicken-leg sexual harasser?

Why are Sharon Case and Jess Walton's storylines a part of any discussion?

Why is it a problem that JFP is the first EP & JG/SA & JP are the first writers to actually give the vets a solid presence on the show since Smith? AND without destroying them much (if at all).

Since when don't fans want to see stories with the vets?

Since WHEN are Y&R's roots focusing on the young cast and romance triangles? Bitch, that was the premise of the show in 1973.

Whoever wrote this, take several seats.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

First and foremost, please self edit any/all posts that refers to the above RadarOnline article as coming from "NB" as some of you refer. He did not write that!

Additionally, only quote small portions of an article if and only if it furthers discussion. Otherwise, ONLY link back to the source.

For reference: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/01/young-and-restless-set-fighting-backstabbing-turmoil-michael-muhney-firing/

• Members

The cast was divided long b4 JFP came along, they are a cliquish group.

I dont take actors praising their current EP or HW seriously, after all they are their bosses and a lot of times some of them sing a different tune after said EP or HW leaves.

But I do believe that this was def not on JFP.

• Members

No one's buying it, dude.

Also, these passages don't make sense together:

So which exactly is it? Either Michael Muhney did the right thing by not blaming anyone but himself - indicating he is, in fact, guilty of these allegations - or this dude doesn't believe the allegations at all. Which is it?

• Members

I had to laugh at the outrage over what was said in that article because some of those same things have been said on this board. I've read about how the most of the couples are boring, and they don't have chemistry with each other. I've read about how the show should get rid of the Abbotts and bring a new family in to rival the Newmans or bring back some of the old ones (Brooks, Foster, Prentiss, Williams). I've read about some people are sick of the Jack-Victor feud with Victor always winning.

• Members

Being tired of Victor winning and Jack losing doesn't mean you don't ant to see Jack and Victor in story. Asking for The Abbots to be replaced doesn't mean you don't want to see vets in story. Couples being boring doesn't mean you don't want to see vets in story. None of that you mentioned means fans don't want to see vets in story....and most of what you mentioned was not listed in the article...so I don't see how this article is reminiscent of what is being said about the show on this board.

• Members

Talk about drinking the Muhney Kool Aid. That man and his mother need to get off the pipe! Muhney is an "average " actor at best with a god complex. He has been smarmig his way from one story to another, oozing disdain and disrespect on his co-stars for years. Get over it people, like everyone else in the world, he lost a job. The way he lost it was deserved. Hasn't the fifteen minutes of fame on this story been about a week longer than it should have been. I wish this story would move along, as poor Hunter King is now viewed as the bad guy. Utter b*llsh*t! Leave this poor girl alone and let her get on with her life.

• Members

Watching Tuesday's Y&R episode, where Victor reveals to Adam that he knows he killed Delia, really exposes MM's acting. This would have been the perfect opportunity for Adam to break down. Somebody has discovered this horrendous secret -- and it is the all-powerful father he despises. There should have been a few tears of fear mixed with relief that he's not carrying this secret by himself now. It could have been wrenching to see a grown man reduced to rubble. Instead, it was the usual dead-eyed, monotonous, snappy line delivery from MM, like he is sleepwalking through an audition for a CW show.

This is what his diehard fans say is the only thing keeping them watching Y&R? Please.

• Members

I completely disagree. What Victor said was so infuriating that any "reduced to rubble" feeling was probably fleeting, if Adam felt that as a result of what TGVN said at all. When someone is protecting their child from an abuser, it is a completely different ballgame. I would have reacted the same way - no way would I have let that man see me cry - and I think it was very in character for Adam.

Archived