Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe breaking down in floods of tears would have been a bit much for Muhney's Adam. I guess I was just looking for the kind of performance Muhney gave when Adam realizes he is the driver who hit Delia. No tears per se, but definitely extremely shocked and emotional. Silently distraught. Despite all the awful things Adam has done, I have never viewed him as the devil incarnate, coldly indifferent to sufferings of others. He wasn't when he wrestled with whether to tell about Delia, and he wasn't when he posted online with Billy (another moment when he seemed almost shaken with repressed emotion).

And yet, when Victor reveals all and blackmails him using Connor as leverage, there was none of that quiet emotion threatening to break free. There wasn't the exhale of God, somebody now knows my secret. There was nothing behind the eyes, nothing in the voice. This is his son Victor is using against him! Again, I only bring this up because from his performance in November, I know he can bring something more to the table than just bored snark.

Archived