Y&R: TMZ reporting on Michael Muhney

• Members

Personally for me it just looks ignorant for EB to make a comment like that. However this has [!@#$%^&*] to do with MM

However that cast & crew needs to stop or this will never go away & that wont be good for the show in the end

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Braeden may be full of a lot of hot air and ego but he's earned his place. He keeps returning to the claim that Muhney actively tried to unseat him, made it his business, and it seems like too consistent a story for me not to believe. It also fits with how Muhney has presented and conducted himself in the press and online with the public for years. He believed he was the heir apparent.

• Members

I have never been a fan of Braeden's bad acting, ego, or use of violence to settle disputes, but I am glad that he got to see off MM. While I don't doubt that MM made EB's life difficult, I don't believe for a second that Sony was ever going to dump EB for MM. More likely MM was overplaying his importance to the show.

• Members

Are we still discussing whether it was "the right thing" for EB to conduct an interview?! :rolleyes:

As Eileen Davidson said, the cat is well and truly out of the bag and about 20 miles down the street by now. CBS likely gave EB the go ahead for this interview anyway.

We need to stop laying into anybody who decides to comment on the situation. Everybody knows what happened by now, there is no point in pretending otherwise, and no amount of shading EB's grumpy demeanor is going to obscure the fact that MM felt up an 18-year old girl at work and got fired for it. It is all fait accompli, and as such, EB has as much right to comment on it as anybody. It's not like MM is suing Sony for unlawfully firing him. This is a done deal.

• Members

I was just making a general post spelling out my frustration. laugh.png

God knows I am no Victor stan, but at least EB doesn't pretend to feel something he doesn't. He is clearing the air about allegations made about him by the TMZ article, by MM over the years and more recently by Nellie Branco (whom he HATES). I think he is well within his rights to do so. The fact that he dismisses HK with faint praise is smart in the sense that he doesn't want to pronounce himself on something that is her business and does not involve him. Which is as it should be.

I just can't bear all the nit-picking and "This is why he should retire" -- the next step from that is "Why doesn't Sony fire him for running his mouth?" Why? Because it's not a potential felony, that's why.

• Members

Absolutely. That comment about Geary (who I am not a fan of) was ageist and showed his disdain for male veterans who were atop the heap. MM is a jealous sort, he thought he was destined for greatness.

Absolutely. And let's be real, the cast has *always* been a clique fest on Y&R. Like some actors, EB is one who is more friendly with the crew than much of the cast (Joan Collins was the same on 'Dynasty', had far more friends who were in the crew than the cast), but we all know EB is friends with Melody Thomas Scott, Eileen Davidson, Heather Tom, Joshua Morrow, Don Diamont, Jeanne Cooper, Jess Walton and (in the last decade) Peter Bergman. He isn't anti-social, he isn't such a jerk that nobody likes him. He's selective and he doesn't care about being everyone's friend or loved by all.

+1. Exactly. It's all distracting from the actual issue of MM. His co-stars have NOTHING to do with it.

As always, brilliantly said.

Archived